Youth Focused Facilitators Needed for Disaster Preparedness Workshops in Elementary Classro
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Cascades Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Are you passionate about working with Elementary aged students? Do you want a volunteer role that will have a lasting impact, educating our future leaders to help prepare and cope with potential disasters. In just an hour presentation, Red Cross Volunteer Presenters can help students start conversations with their families about making plans for disasters in their homes.
The Pillowcase Project is a national youth preparedness program offered by Red Cross regions across the country. The 40- or 60-minute presentation provides emergency preparedness education to youth in grades 3-5 (ages 8-11) in school classrooms and other settings.
All training will be provided to volunteers, and can be done remotely. No previous disaster preparedness experience is needed. There are options for in-person or virtual volunteer presenters, although In-Person presenters are in higher demand (must have COVID-19 vaccination).
Feel free to email email@example.com with any questions.
- Comfortable presenting an interactive curriculum to youth in grades 3-5 (ages 8-11) in school and out of school/community settings
- Strong organizational skills and ability to follow through with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking
- Dynamic personality that relates well to youth in the target age group
- Reliable, punctual, good time management skills
- Ability to complete reports and conduct follow up calls with sites in a timely manner
- Ability to problem solve and be flexible with program changes, regional changes, etc.
- Daytime and/or weekend availability
- Ability to arrange transportation to the Red Cross office to pick up materials, travel to event location, and return materials, etc. to the office at the end of the presentation
- Must be able to meet all background check requirements imposed by the Red Cross and any imposed by local school jurisdictions
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required for In-Person Instructors
About American Red Cross - Cascades Region
3131 N. Vancouver Ave, Portland, OR 97227, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things. The Red Cross workforce is made up of over 90% volunteers, meaning our mission is carried out by community members like yourself.
Multiple locations Sweet Home, OR 97386
November 10, 2022
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Child Development
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum two presentations per month (approx. 4-hours)