Head of Software
Who We Are
Step Up Tutoring is a grassroots movement providing free online tutoring to under-resourced elementary school students. Founded during the pandemic when millions of students were falling behind, and we knew we had to help. Plans to scale in the future to address systemic opportunity gaps.
Step Up Tutoring’s mission is to drive student success in under-resourced communities by providing free online tutoring and mentorship to 3rd - 6th grade students.
Lead our Software Development teams (10+ volunteers working on 3 different projects) to ensure our code base is functional, efficient, secure, and evolving!
12-20 hours a week for at least 3 months (the longer the better)
● Bachelor's Degree
● Experience building and scaling products from scratch
● 1+ years of experience as a professional full stack developer within a team
● Proficient in React and backend development
● Experience with databases and security
● Committed, reliable, and detail-oriented
● Energetic and a natural leader
● Not driven by the money; Passionate about our mission and/or would like management
● Reviewing and approving PR’s
● Informing development strategy for all features (with support from team leads)
● Managing developer teams/keeping people accountable
● Collaborating with HR for volunteer recruitment and onboarding
● Collaborating with the Program Design and Operation teams for long term goals and UX
About Step Up Tutoring
1424 4th St. STE 214 PMB 1696, Santa Monica, CA 90401, US
We offer free online tutoring and mentoring for students grades 3-6 to improve student success in under-resourced communities.
Step Up Tutoring is a California based non-profit organization seeking to close the education gap, while developing enduring bonds and cultivating academic success through fun online learning activities.
Through our partnership with LAUSD, and with the help of our dedicated volunteers, we offer free online tutoring and mentoring for students grades 3-6 to improve student success in under-resourced communities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
- IT Strategy
- IT Consulting
- SQL / MySQL
- 12-20 hours a week for at least 3 months (the longer the better)