20 people are interested
Early afternoon ESL Tutors needed in South Minneapolis!
ORGANIZATION: Literacy Minnesota
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
- No experience or diploma needed - we’ll provide all necessary training.
- English speakers of all levels are welcome and encouraged to volunteer.
- Must be 18 years old to volunteer.
- Ability to commit to 2-3 hours per week for at least 3 months required.
- We strongly encourage volunteers who are people of color, indigenous, immigrants and refugees, LGBTQIA2S+ and people with disabilities.
Lead Volunteer Teacher
We are looking for people who are interested in supporting immigrant and refugee adults in building English and literacy skills; collaborate in a fun and engaging classroom; and who are skilled at connecting with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide lead instruction, alone or with another Volunteer Teacher, for a beginning literacy class of 5-10 adult learners. User friendly, low-prep, and easy-to-follow curriculum is provided by Literacy MN.
- Prepare for classes ahead of time by reviewing the Literacy MN provided curriculum and materials.
- Lead and present large and small group activities.
- Record student attendance and classroom notes.
- Work cooperatively with coordinators and other volunteers to meet the needs of the learners.
- Within 6 months of placement, volunteers must complete a 12-hour LitMN-sponsored, and State of MN compliant Foundations Training to be fully prepared to teach.
For more information or to get started , please Fill out an application or email email@example.com with questions.
- afternoon / 12:00 PM to 01:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Literacy Minnesota
700 Raymond Ave, Suite 180, St. Paul, MN 55114, US
Literacy Minnesota is the only statewide, nonprofit, volunteer literacy organization in Minnesota. As a leader and advocate for literacy, Literacy Minnesota provides a variety of cost-effective literacy-based services designed to help achieve the personal, educational and economic goals of Minnesotans.
Founded in 1972, Literacy Minnesota is Minnesota's only non-profit, volunteer-based, education provider that operates statewide. Through a network of over 100 community and school-based programs, we provide free classes for individuals lacking the most basic reading, writing and English-speaking skills. We serve both native-born Americans and refugees and immigrants.
2511 East Franklin AvenueMinneapolis, MN 55406
November 15, 2022
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
- Teaching / Instruction
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 hours per week
- For at least 3 months