2 people are interested
Teach ESL in South Minneapolis! Be a Volunteer Lead Teacher/Co-Teacher!
2 people are interested
- No experience or diploma needed - we’ll provide all necessary training.
- English speakers of all levels are welcome and encouraged to volunteer.
- Must be 18 years old to volunteer.
- Ability to commit to 2-3 hours per week for at least 3 months required.
- We strongly encourage volunteers who are people of color, indigenous, immigrants and refugees, LGBTQIA2S+ and people with disabilities.
Lead Volunteer ESL Teacher
Are you interested in being a Lead Volunteer Teacher of an ESL class? Do you want to help adult English Language Learners improve their ability to speak, listen, read, and write English? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you! Literacy Minnesota is looking for Lead Volunteers interested in partnering with our Open Door Learning Centers and teaching ESL classes.
- Provide lead instruction for ESL classes of 5-20 adult learners. User friendly, low-prep, and easy-to-follow curriculum is provided by Literacy MN.
- Prepare for classes ahead of time by reviewing the Literacy MN provided curriculum and materials, and allocating duties to the volunteer classroom assistants.
- Work cooperatively with coordinators and other volunteers to meet the needs of the learners.
- Lead and present large and small group activities.
- Record student attendance.
- After you begin your placement, we require volunteers to complete on-boardingtraining to be fully prepared to teach.
For more information or to get started, please Fill out an application or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- evening / 06:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Literacy Minnesota
700 Raymond Ave, Suite 180, St. Paul, MN 55114, US
Literacy Minnesota is the only statewide, nonprofit, volunteer literacy organization in Minnesota. As a leader and advocate for literacy, Literacy Minnesota provides a variety of cost-effective literacy-based services designed to help achieve the personal, educational and economic goals of Minnesotans.
Founded in 1972, Literacy Minnesota is Minnesota's only non-profit, volunteer-based, education provider that operates statewide. Through a network of over 100 community and school-based programs, we provide free classes for individuals lacking the most basic reading, writing and English-speaking skills. We serve both native-born Americans and refugees and immigrants.
2511 East Franklin AvenueMinneapolis, MN 55406
November 3, 2021
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2-3 hours per week
- For at least 3 months