i C.A.R.E. Mentor for Red Oak Behavioral Health
ORGANIZATION: VANTAGE Aging RSVP
Please visit the new page to apply.
Basic volunteer duties involved with this assignment:
- Meet with1 school-aged student weekly for about 1 hour in a positive, purposeful, mentoring relationship
- Utilize the iC.A.R.E. mentoring training & curriculum needed to use a developmental asset approach to mentoring
- Commit to one academic school year with the intent to mentor two school years with the same student
- Write mentor reports after each session to document the progress
Who will be served by this assignment: Students (K-12) in the school districts that the program serves.
What is the anticipated benefit of this volunteer service to those receiving the service: Helps to bolster the student's motivation & confidence, social emotional development, improve academic progress, build a positive adult-to-student relationship, & development.
What specific skills will the volunteer need: Coachable, introspective, kind, relatable, ability to write good notes about the mentor/mentee sessions.
About VANTAGE Aging RSVP
388 S Main St., Ste. 235, Akron, OH 44311, US
Promoting a positive perspective on aging.
VANTAGE Aging promotes positive aging through a variety of programs and services for older adults. Our nonprofit organization serves 38 counties and is headquartered in Akron, Ohio. In Summit and Medina Counties, we facilitate the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for those 55 and older who want to make a meaningful impact in the community. We also offer employment training, home care and home health aide assistance, nutrition and home-delivered meal services, alcohol and drug addiction counseling, and mental health and prevention services.
Multiple locations Akron, OH 44303
November 28, 2022
- General Education
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- At least two full school years with the same student