Recovery Services Volunteers Needed (Beaufort, North Carolina)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross- Eastern North Carolina
Please visit the new page to apply.
BE THE COMFORT IN THE STORM! Recovery Services Volunteers Needed
Are you ready to turn your compassion into action? As a Recovery Services Client Care volunteer, you will connect directly with people affected by disasters big and small to help take the next steps in their recovery journey. Red Cross volunteers support the recovery process of disaster-affected individuals, households, and communities by providing advocacy, referrals and financial assistance using our case management system.
- Conduct Intake by interviewing the client and opening a case in RC Care (the American Red Cross Case Management System- training provided)
- Provide Financial Assistance to qualified clients.
- Conduct Follow-up and Recovery Planning Services
- Provide Internal Referrals
- Provide Community Referrals
- Assist with problem-solving and advocacy on request
- Use RC Care to document services according to the Client Care Program Standards and Procedures
- Services may be provided in person or virtually.
Complete the required virtual self-paced training (9 hours of training total)
Register today! Visit www.redcross.org/volunteer
Find out more! To learn about this, and other ways to serve with the Red Cross, please contact the Volunteer Services team at ENCrecruit@redcross.org
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation and Training
- Willing and able to volunteer in person in before, during and/or after a disaster event
- Ability to work in a continuously changing environment in which work priorities may change frequently
- Comfortable interacting with people from various diverse background whose lives have been disrupted and many are presenting immediate needs
- Kind, caring, resourceful and knowledgeable
- Comfortable learning new online case management systems
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
About American Red Cross- Eastern North Carolina
100 North Peartree Lane, Raleigh, NC 27610, US
The Red Cross, born of a desire to bring assistance without discrimination to the wounded on the battlefield, endeavors--in its international and national capacity--to prevent and alleviate human suffering wherever it may be found. Its purpose is to protect life and health and to ensure respect for the human being.
The American Red Cross (ARC), also known as The American National Red Cross, is a humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance, disaster relief, and disaster preparedness education in the United States.
VariesBeaufort, NC 28516
March 31, 2022