Would you like to volunteer your organizational and leadership skills to help us make personal development accessible to all? At Low Entropy, we understand that real change starts from within; when we seek compassion & emotional intelligence for ourselves, we extend this low entropy state to the wider world around us.
Low Entropy is a registered charity with a mission to elevate humanity through the power of compassionate, authentic communities. Our programs foster transformational impact by empowering adults, youth and children through personal growth and meaningful interpersonal connections. 2021 was a busy year for us; we supported over 800 youth and children through our online Youth Empowering Youth program, 2,305 adults through our Conscious Connections sessions and 585 individuals through our C.A.R.E. project (food hampers & one on one support), while managing through the complexities of the pandemic.
To maintain our growth and continue supporting adults, youth & children, we are looking for volunteers to govern our organization on our Board of Directors. The Board is responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring strategies and policies that will enable Low Entropy to meet its goals and carry out its work.
Our Board is made up of 13 members: President, Vice President, Secretary, two Co-Treasurers, and nine Directors at Large. This year, we are recruiting for a new Secretary to help lead Low Entropy.
The role of a nonprofit Board Secretary is critical for the smooth operations of the Board. Most commonly, this individual ensures that Board Members are given appropriate notice of meetings and proactively records these meetings. However, their duties extend beyond this and vary from organization to organization.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of board secretary are as follows:
- Assures that an agenda has been prepared by the Board President and/or ED and that the agenda is distributed in advance of the meeting.
- Oversees the distribution of background information for agenda items to be discussed.
- Prepares the official minutes of the meeting and records motions, discussions, votes, and decisions.
- Prepares and provides the previous meeting’s written minutes to Board Members before the next meeting and records any changes or corrections.
- Assures that documents (bylaws, Form-990, roster of Board Members) are are accessible to Members
- Schedules and notifies Board Members of upcoming meetings.
About Low Entropy Foundation
1511 Eagle Mountain Drive, Coquitlam, BC v3e2y6, CA
The Low Entropy Foundation is on a mission to elevate humanity through the power of compassionate, authentic communities.
Our programs foster transformational impact by empowering individuals through personal growth and meaningful interpersonal connections.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 3, 2021
- Must be at least 19
- 6 months commitment