DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
GirlSpring Junior Board
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
GirlSpring is seeking passionate, dedicated, creative, young professionals who believe in empowering girls to join our 2022 Junior Board!
The goal of the GirlSpring Junior board is to bring together young professionals to raise awareness about our mission and impact and to help generate financial support for our programs that empower girls. By joining the GirlSpring Junior Board you’ll have an exciting opportunity to expand your leadership skills, build new relationships with other young professionals, and give back to your community through volunteering.
- *Be a young professional in the **Birmingham area. The minimum age requirement is 25 and while there is no maximum, most of our participants are in their late twenties to early forties. **We also accept applications from out of town as we have transitioned to Zoom meetings since Covid.
- *Make a one-year commitment to the GirlSpring Junior Board.
- *Attend 9 out of 12 monthly meetings.
- *Make a yearly contribution to GirlSpring.
- *Plan yearly volunteer event for SpringBoarders (teen leadership group)
- *Plan and provide significant support for the annual Junior Board fundraising event through actions such as securing sponsorships, selling tickets, participating in event execution, and assisting during the event.
- *Serve on one Junior Board sub-committee
- *Serve as a community ambassador for GirlSpring, creating awareness about the organization and its impact through networking and the use of social media.
- *Additional (optional) volunteer opportunities are available outside of these requirements.
- *If you’re ready to help GirlSpring expand its mission of empowering girls, apply to be on our Junior Board!
- *Deadline to apply is November 30, 2021 for the 2022 term. Applications accepted year-round but applicants will not be interviewed until December 2021.
- APPLY NOW
For information about the Junior Board, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About GIRLSPRING INC
2101 HIGHLAND AVE S STE 300, BIRMINGHAM, AL 35205, US
GirlSpring empowers girls ages 9-18 by giving them the tools they need to be successful in life: accurate information, inspiring events, and positive female role models. Our largest program is our website, GirlSpring.com, which is an online magazine with content created by and for teenage girls. Topics range from mental health and wellness to opinions on global issues, environment, and human rights. We also offer public educational programs on similar topics and others relevant to adolescent and teenage girls, as well as film series, an annual summer camp, and annual career and stem fairs.
GirlSpring was founded by Birmingham leader Jane Stephens Comer in 2010. GirlSpring is a nonprofit, 501 (c) (3) organization whose mission is to provide access to reliable information, inspiring events, and positive role models so girls and (ages 9-18) are empowered to reach their full potential. GirlSpring.com launched in 2016 and reaches an average of 15,000 girls per month in Birmingham, Alabama and across the globe through its digital platform, programs, camps, and educational opportunities.
"The world is missing out on one of its most precious commodities - the power and strength of women, who make up more than half the world’s assets. Our investment in girls and young women now can reap huge benefits. By doing so, we build better communities, better relationships, better businesses, and a better world overall." Jane Stephens Comer, GirlSpring Founder
Multiple locations Birmingham, AL 35209
November 3, 2021
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Must be at least 25
- 3 hours/month on average