30 people are interested
Government Relations (Legislative Advocacy)
ORGANIZATION: Washington Autism Alliance
Please visit the new page to apply.
30 people are interested
Job Title: Government Relations’ Junior Associate - Washington State Residents Only
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume outlining desired experience outlined below, writing sample and any professional references.
Reports to : President/CEO
Summary : Washington Autism Alliance (WAA) is an exciting organization that does cutting edge work on behalf of individuals with ASD/DD and their families. You could be part of this amazing work! We advocate for bipartisan public policies that offer protection and support for our state’s most vulnerable citizens.
How You Will Contribute: The Government Relations Junior Associate will join a dynamic team and provide support across a range of WAA Government Relations (GR) and Policy functions. They will learn about the intersection of public policy and government relations within a statewide bipartisan pro-voter advocacy organization. This position reports to the WAA President/CEO . This is an excellent opportunity for an individual interested in state and local government affairs, communications strategy and/or organizational management in a public policy environment.
- Maintain GR’s calendar of events and assist with the scheduling of meetings.
- Take notes during GR meetings with external stakeholders and lobbyists.
- Support use of bill tracking and legislative intelligence tools among WAA user teams, and work to advance the quality of record-keeping in the bill tracking system.
- On an ongoing basis, monitor integrity of legislative bill tracking entries for accuracy, rectifying any errors. * Produce weekly state based progress reports
- Manage an ongoing internal to-do list for the GR team
- Maintain GR document library and assist with the centralizing of workflows in accordance with WAA Operations Department’s best practices.
- Help with overall administering of business organizing efforts
- Support GR department members on overall work when needed
- The hired candidate will receive the necessary on the job training and support.
- Previous experience within a legislative office is a plus and preferred.
- 2+ years of university-level studies or equivalent experience in government, public policy, or law and remote work experience is required.
- Please apply if you are:
- exceptionally detail-oriented and highly organized,
- passionate about social justice and democracy,
- hard working, and
- tech savvy.
- 7-10 hours per week
Washington State Residents Only Please - To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume outlining desired experience, writing sample and any professional references.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Washington Autism Alliance
721 4th Ave. #891, Kirkland, WA 98033, US
We expand access to healthcare, education and services for people with autism and other intellectual and developmental disabilities in Washington State. See more at: http://www.washingtonautismalliance.org
How we do it:
By Providing pro bono guidance, counseling, coordination, training, resources, and legal support to families and professionals, to help them attain effective autism treatment and socially significant rehabilitative programs statewide. We appreciate you.
The generous donations of time and talent from our dedicated volunteers are instrumental in helping WAA continue its work. It is only with your unwavering support that we are able to help children and adults with ASD to thrive and succeed in life.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 4, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Public Advocacy
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 7-10 hours per week, ideal candidate should be able to commit to at least 9 months (before, during and after the Washington State legislative session).