Red Cross - Virtually Support #DisasterActionTeam! (Spokane Co.)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross / Northwest Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Do you have a heart for helping others? Disaster Duty Officers document disaster notifications and verify events, dispatch disaster action team (DAT) responders and monitor the response. May activate health services, mental health or public affairs. Preferred qualifications:
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills, speak clearly on phone and in person.
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details of DAT responses.
- Comfortable with technology.
Sleeves up. Heart open. All in. Ready to make a difference? Please visit www.redcross.org/volunteer.
79 More opportunities with American Red Cross / Northwest Region
About American Red Cross / Northwest Region
1900 25th Ave South, Seattle, WA 98114, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Various locations in Spokane CountySpokaneSpokane, WA 99205
March 15, 2023
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This is an on-call position that virtually supports the disaster action team. Self-selected shifts are typically either 12 hours (business hours or after hours) or 24 hours, depending on location.
- Access to phone, computer and internet required.