Social Media Volunteer
With so much happening in digital spaces, it is vital that our chapter has a regular, vibrant presence on social media.
Working at the direction of the Operations Manager, and rotating with a second volunteer, the Social Media volunteer would be responsible for posting to our Instagram and Facebook pages once a day over a 7-day period (for example, Monday through Sunday). The volunteer can make use Facebook's scheduling tool to set up content to automatically post throughout the week, or can manually post content each day. Volunteer will also create IG Stories each day to share relevant posts from other accounts. Posts will focus on NAMI Glendale and NAMI GLAC activities; upcoming mental health events in NAMI Glendale’s service area, as well as throughout LA County; interesting news stories, research, and personal narratives related to mental health; motivational and informational content; and whatever else you feel can best help to engage our followers.
Volunteer will also have access to a Canva account, and will be asked to create content to share. Many times, this created content will be to announce existing events, or to share information compiled by NAMI National or other NAMI chapters.
This opportunity can be done remotely.
About NAMI Glendale
1540 E. COLORADO STREET, GLENDALE, CA 91205, US
Started in 1985, NAMI Glendale’s no-cost support groups, education classes, and community presentations provide welcoming spaces of support for all those affected by mental illness. We connect individuals to an empathetic community based on their shared lived experiences, and offer hope that recovery is possible. NAMI Glendale is a chapter of NAMI Greater Los Angeles County, and a full affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
NAMI Glendale proudly serves Northeast Los Angeles by providing free education, advocacy, support, and leadership opportunities to anyone whose life has been effected by mental illness.
- We educate. NAMI Glendale offers education courses for both those living with a diagnosis (Peer-to-Peer) and those who have a loved one with a diagnosis (Family-to-Family, Familia-a-Familia, and Basics): NAMIGlendale.org/Classes
- We support. NAMI Glendale offers regular support group meetings both for those living with a diagnosis (Connections) as well as for those who have a loved one living with a diagnosis (Family Support Group): NAMIGlendale.org/Support-Groups
- We advocate. NAMI Glendale works to shape national, state, and local public policy for people with mental illness and their families by providing our volunteers with the necessary tools, resources, and skills: NAMIGlendale.org/Advocacy
- We lead. NAMI Glendale engages in community public awareness events and activities in order to fight stigma, encourage understanding, and spread the word about mental health. We also provide a variety of speaker programs for mental health events and to general audiences; for students, parents, and faculty at middle schools, high schools, and colleges; and for law enforcement agencies: NAMIGlendale.org/Speakers and NAMIGlendale.org/Other-NAMI-Programs
Greater Glendale AreaGlendale, CA 91205
November 1, 2021
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours/week on a bi-weekly basis
- Access to a personal Facebook page (in order to use Scheduling tool).