26 people are interested
Bookkeeper and Accountant for Rebecca's Garden of Hope
ORGANIZATION: REBECCAHS GARDEN OF HOPE INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
26 people are interested
Accountant and Bookkeeper
Reports to Treasurer and Executive Director
Rebecca’s Garden of Hope seeks an accountant and bookkeeper to continue helping our nonprofit manage finances as we use our donations and resources to continue reaching, those in need. Rebecca’s Garden of Hope is an after-school tutoring and mentoring program assisting underserved youth in the community. This organization has been impacting the lives of youth and families for over 15 years, and all of the support and services we offer recipients, are free. For that reason, we are seeking individuals like you to partner with us to help support our efforts, as we work to meet and manage our financial needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Treasurer and the Executive Director, the accountant and or bookkeeper will be responsible for performing a variety of duties including processing payroll monthly, financial record keeping and managing other transactions. Current transactions include completing tax documents, managing accounts receivable and accounts payable, and overseeing employee payroll. Additionally, it includes regularly maintaining and updating donor base information in QuickBooks and providing a monthly excel spreadsheet of donors to the Treasurer and Executive Director for thank you’s and follow-up correspondence. In addition to these responsibilities, another primary function will be to maintain a current log of donors, which includes names, addresses, and phone number to build our donor database. Responsibilities can be divided up and the accountant and or bookkeeper can work together or independently to maintain accurate records, manage donor profiles and track grant information to ensure funds are being used properly.
List of Specific Duties
1. Processes payroll; prepares and records paychecks; processes state and federal payroll tax deposits and prepares reports in a timely manner.
2. Issues checks for bills, including background checks, employee reimbursements and stipends in an accurate and timely manner.
3. Prepares 1099s, W-2s and 941s as needed
4. Ensures that all expenditures are appropriately categorized to accommodate year-end reports, including specific details about grants, in-kind donations and individual and corporate donors.
5. Weekly mail coordination to include receiving and processing mail to maintain accurate records
6. Reconciles bank accounts and provides reports to the Treasurer and Executive Director prior to
monthly meeting held the 3 rd Tuesday of each month.
7. Alerts the Executive Director to past-due accounts and potential account issues and helps to resolve those issues in a timely manner.
8. Provides recommendations and tracking tool for fund accounting and cyclical expenses
9. Proactively maintains organized filing system for all financial transactions and records
10. Assists in the development and implementation of systems and procedures as needed to maintain accurate records, manages donor and grant information and ensures funds are being used properly.
11. Coordinates and communicates with insurance company and lawyer to pay Board of Director insurance, Annual Report fees and any other monthly or annually reoccurring bills.
12.Works using generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
1. Either working toward completing or currently have a bachelor's or master’s degree in finance and experience in the nonprofit sector would be helpful.
2. Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks
3. Additional proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office and Excel
4. Strong mathematical skills
5. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, communicate clearly and maintain confidentiality
6. Desire to give back to the community with a focus on helping to empower youth
Candidates will work on average about 2-4 hrs/wk. The organization also asks for a minimum commitment of at least 1 year of ongoing support. Also, after assessing the success of the partnership a longer commitment may be discussed. Additional incentives are included and will be discussed during orientation.
About REBECCAHS GARDEN OF HOPE INC
2212 S CHICKASAW TRAIL 114, ORLANDO, FL 32825, US
The mission of RGOH is to serve as a resource to faith-based and secular organizations in underserved communities, in order to meet the needs of children by improving educational outcomes, providing essential life skills, and building social and civic responsibility and discipleship in youth.
RGOH is a 501(c)(3) providing after school tutoring and mentoring for underserved youth in communities across the country. We are currently conducting tutoring sessions online from 5:30-6:30 and would love to have your support. BECOME A VOLUNTEER AND DONATE 1HR TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN A CHILD’S LIFE!
We have been supporting youth in the community for over 15 years and we are always looking for volunteers like you, to join our team. We assist youth ages 4-17 with homework help and provide information about a variety of tools and resources that tutors can use to help youth master specific skills. No experience is needed but we do require all tutors participate in a mini orientation, where we will discuss additional information. A background check is also required. Subjects include: Math, Reading, Grammar and Spelling. We are really in need of Math and English tutors. We are asking that tutors be 17 and older and if under 18 parents must provide consent for all minors. Call Ms. Sanya or Alisha at 407-273-0101 for more information and thank you in advance for your interest and we hope to hear from you soon.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 9, 2022
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Candidates will work on average about 2-4 hrs/wk. The organization also asks for a minimum commitment of at least 1 year of ongoing support. Also, after assessing the success of the partnership a longer commitment may be discussed. Additional incent
- Please contact us with any questions you may have and thank you for your consideration.