Highly motivated board member's needed for abused & neglected child advocacy program
Court Appointed Special Advocates of North Sand Mountain (CASA) program recruits, trains, and supports
volunteer advocates as a powerful voice for the best interests of abused and neglected
children during the court process, in order to help every child ultimately thrive in a stable
and permanent home.
CASA of North Sand Mountain is a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) community benefit organization established to advocate for abused and neglected children under the care of the Jackson and Dekalb County Juvenile Court. A member of the Alabama CASA network and in good standing with the National CASA?GAL Association.
Term: Three years
Responsibilities and Powers of the Board of Directors:
1. Establish policies for administering the program and services that are in harmony with the purpose of the agency.
2. Employ and evaluate the performance of the executive director.
3. Secure funds required for current expenses by mobilizing the entire volunteer and staff forces for active participation in funding efforts.
4. Ensure that the financial affairs of the agency are conducted in a responsible way and in accordance with established policies.
1. Prepare for, attend and participate in board meetings and at least one Board Member Training when it becomes available.
2. Attend meetings of standing committees, as well as any special committees to which appointed.
3. Cultivate sources of financial support and make a personal monetary donation to the program.
4. Assume board leadership responsibilities as requested and as possible.
5. Represent the agency at community events, organizations and with private individuals. Speak informatively proudly and positively.
6. Be informed about agency programs, policies and services.
7. Be informed about the needs of the community and our constituents.
8. Evaluate annual organization performance and maintain progress towards long-range organizational goals.
9. Provide references for board membership, volunteer prospects and fundraising possibilities.
10. Follow the organization’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions.
11. Sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure and update it during the year if necessary, as well as disclose potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings
12. Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of CASA of North Sand Mountain.
13. Complete yearly and sign for self, CA/N and background checks, as well as a copy of valid drivers license and proof of automobile insurance coverage.
About COURT APPOINTED SPECIAL ADVOCATES OF NORTH SAND MOUNTAIN
304 S MARKET ST STE 200, SCOTTSBORO, AL 35768, US
Our mission is to be the voice for children who have been victims of abuse and/or neglect. Our vision is to serve every child in Jackson County and Dekalb County by providing them with a caring and competent trained volunteer.
Court Appointed Special Advocates of North Sand Mountain will provide abused, neglected or abandoned children with a highly trained volunteer to advocate for the child’s best interest before family courts in the counties of Jackson and Dekalb in the State of Alabama. Our volunteers will be recruited, screened and trained by paid staff. Our staff and volunteers will then work in conjunction with the judges, lawyers, and social workers to help ensure children receive appropriate care and support while navigating the court, child welfare, and foster care systems.
Multiple locations Scottsboro, AL 35768
November 1, 2021
- Financial Planning
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Attend and participate in board meetings, community outreach, fundraising, donor recruitment. Attend meetings of standing committees, as well as any special committees to which appointed. At minimum 4 hours a month.