5 people are interested
Resource Center Volunteer Opportunity!
ORGANIZATION: A Precious Child, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Volunteer Reports to: Resource Center Team
Summary: The role of our Resource Center Volunteer is to create a welcoming atmosphere by providing a dignified and respectful experience through upholding A Precious Child's core values and mission. Children and families shop in our Resource Center, which is set up like a retail store, for clothing items and essential needs items, all provided at no charge from donations. This position assists clients during their shopping visit, replenishes and organizes areas throughout the store and checks out clients.
- Stock Resource Center floor.
- Checkout clients.
- Help by assisting as a personal shopper.
- Help maintain a clean Resource Center and ensure it is ready for clients.
- Advise Resource Center Director of any potential dangerous situations.
- Bring shopping carts inside.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Be on their feet for long periods of time, if not the full shift.
- Be welcoming to volunteers, staff, and all clients.
- Able to multitask.
- Be detail oriented.
Training & Supervision:
- Complete Volunteer Waiver Form.
- Training will be provided by Resource Center Team.
- Shifts available Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM in 2 hour increments.
- Volunteers will sign up for shifts through online form.
- Make a difference in a child's life by collaborating with our staff and volunteers.
- Be a part of an amazing Volunteer Team who are the core of our organization.
- Gain valuable work experience as part of a dynamic team.
About A Precious Child, Inc.
557 Burbank Street, Unit E, Broomfield, CO 80020, US
A Precious Child, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides children in need with opportunities and resources to empower them to achieve their full potential. A Precious Child envisions a future where every child grows up to be a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community.
A Precious Child assists children and families facing difficult life challenges such as abuse and neglect, crisis situations, and poverty. We work with more than 300 agency partners throughout eight counties which include Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, and Weld Counties to identify children and families in the most need of our services. Our core initiatives help build the whole child, in addition to meeting basic human needs through our Resource Center and Boutiques (satellite resource centers), we also help children and their families navigate community resources.
We aim to bridge the gap in a child’s education so that they can become a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community as adults.
7051 W. 118th AvenueBroomfield, CO 80020
November 15, 2022
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16