5 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Pikes Peak Children's Museum
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Purpose of Volunteer Position: To help maintain the Pikes Peak Children’s Museum website
Number of hours: 2-5 hours per week.
Location: Remote or in person
Reports to: Currently, the Executive Director
Works Closely with: The Executive Director, Content Creator and other Social media volunteers
- Help to maintain current Wix website
- Help with determining best use of Wix and set up of website
- Ability to redesign website where suggested
- Coordinate on a weekly and/or monthly basis on new updates needed for the website
- Manage the website infrastructure
- Monitoring website performance
- Providing technical support
- Evaluating the structure and content
- Track, compile, and analyze website usage data
- Develop or document style guidelines for website content
- Develop or implement procedures for ongoing website revision
- Set up or maintain monitoring tools on web servers
- Report analytics at least 1x a month to Executive Director
- Be a part of the Marketing Committee and be able to meet in person or Zoom 1x a month
Volunteer Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Work can all be done remotely, however, feel free to come into the museum to work when needed during operating hours
- Understand and promote PPCM’s mission
- Be a part of the Marketing Committee - meets 1-2 hours monthly; in person or Zoom
- Be an ambassador for PPCM
- Help to educate the community about PPCM
Recommended Volunteer Qualifications:
- At least 18 years old
- May work remotely outside of Colorado Springs or even Colorado
- Have experience using Wix platform
- Have experience with website development
About Pikes Peak Children's Museum
2565 Airport Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80910, US
PPCM is a community-built, hands-on educational destination that engages ALL children and their grown-ups by sparking creativity through purposeful play.
Our vision is to be a trusted, growing educational resource, and a community collaborator who offers opportunities to inspire children to reach their unique potential.The express objectives of PPCM are to provide:
- A dynamic hands-on, engaging and fun educational experience focused on the age group 0-10.
- A place for this demographic to encounter boundless opportunities for discovery and imagination, sparking a passion for life-long learning.
- A compelling environment to nurture wonder and creativity, encouraging children’s innate desire to explore the world around them.
- An indispensable resource for children, families, the community at large and elementary-level educators as a mutually beneficial connecting point.
2565 Airport RoadColorado Springs, CO 80910
October 18, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Content Management Systems
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training