Purpose of Volunteer Position: To help maintain a well known presence on Facebook. To keep a steady and consistent newsletter that goes out to the correct audiences.
Number of hours: 2-10 hours per week depending on the time of year. End of year is our busiest time.
Location: Remote or in person
Reports to: Currently, the Executive Director
Works Closely with: The Executive Director, Content Creator and other Social media volunteers
- Maintain a consistent presence on Facebook
- Maintain a consistent newsletter that goes out to the correct audiences
- Decide on a Facebook marketing plan
- Decide on when to send out newsletter and the frequency of it
- Keep up with sharing the different Event pages that are created
- Grow and help maintain the Volunteer Facebook group by providing fun posts, skill building and getting to know you type of posts weekly in the group. Encourage engagement.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director and/or Content Creator to get content made for the posts needed
- Decide on regular sections that will be in each newsletter
- Coordinate and collect all content needed for the newsletters
- Coordinate with Executive Director when a specific email blast needs to go out
- Share posts, news, events, etc. on relatable Facebook groups at least 1x a week
- Report analytics at least 1x a month to Executive Director
- Be a part of the Marketing Committee and be able to meet in person or Zoom 1x a month
Volunteer Requirements/Working Conditions:
- All work can be done remotely
- If done remotely, Zoom or Google Meets will take place as needed
- Understand and promote PPCM’s mission
- Be a part of the Marketing Committee - meets 1-2 hours monthly; in person or Zoom
- Be an ambassador for PPCM
- Help to educate the community about PPCM
Recommended Volunteer Qualifications:
- At least 18 years old
- May work remotely outside of Colorado Springs or even Colorado
- Have experience using Facebook in all aspects; personal newsfeed, Facebook pages, Facebook groups, Facebook event pages, paid ads, etc.
- Have experience using Constant Contact
- Enjoy putting together newsletters and gathering content as needed
About Pikes Peak Children's Museum
2565 Airport Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80910, US
PPCM is a community-built, hands-on educational destination that engages ALL children and their grown-ups by sparking creativity through purposeful play.
Our vision is to be a trusted, growing educational resource, and a community collaborator who offers opportunities to inspire children to reach their unique potential.The express objectives of PPCM are to provide:
- A dynamic hands-on, engaging and fun educational experience focused on the age group 0-10.
- A place for this demographic to encounter boundless opportunities for discovery and imagination, sparking a passion for life-long learning.
- A compelling environment to nurture wonder and creativity, encouraging children’s innate desire to explore the world around them.
- An indispensable resource for children, families, the community at large and elementary-level educators as a mutually beneficial connecting point.
2565 Airport RoadColorado Springs, CO 80910
October 29, 2021
- Social Media / Blogging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training