2 people are interested
2 people are interested
What is Youth Empowering Youth (YEY)?
Youth Empowering Youth is a leadership program and movement for children and youth. Our Children’s program is for ages 8-12, and consists of eight 1-hour sessions. Our Youth program is for ages 13-18, and consists of nine 1.5-hour sessions. All our sessions are currently being held online via zoom. Each class shares a new concept to help students take accountability for their thoughts, feelings and actions, thus moving them into a place of confidence, security, and self-assurance.
YEY intends to implement the ideas demonstrated in the Success for Teens book. The topics shared during the Youth program are as follows:
Session 1 - Ripple Effect
Session 2 - Attitude Create Your Life
Session 3 - The Moment You Stop Blaming, You Take Back your Power
Session 4 - Take Action! With small Steps
Session 5 - Fail Forward to Success
Session 6 - Drive Your Life with Powerful habits
Session 7 - Be a Student of Life
Session 8 - Momentum is Your Responsibility
Session 9 - Graduation & Next Steps
Youth Empowering Youth is a division of Low Entropy, a nonprofit organization that is making personal growth accessible to all, and in doing so providing people with the tools to change themselves and the world.
Podcast Editor Role:
We will be starting a Youth Empowering Youth Podcast and are looking for someone with the skills and experience to edit our podcast episodes and publish them. You are familiar with podcasts, along with how to edit and publish them.
- Work with and communicate with team members that are part of the podcast
- Use your own software or program to edit our podcast episodes to enhance sound, remove long silences, and put the episode together to the specifications of our podcast team
- Adhere to a schedule and meet deadlines for each episode
- Receive final approval for each episode before posting
- Post each episode and keep track of listenership
- Provide feedback and ideas to the podcast team
- Collaborate with team members outside of the podcast team in regards to social media or other areas of project overlap
- Check Slack every 1-2 days to communicate with team members and keep up with announcements
- Communicate any issues or concerns to the YEY Leadership Team
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience editing podcasts or other audio material
- Experience working with a team and scheduling meetings
- Experience working with volunteers or experience as a volunteer
- Excellent command of the English language
- Above-average computer skills
- Familiar with Google applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Drive)
- Familiar with Slack, able to check messages daily/every other day
- Self-starter: as this position is work from home with flexible hours, you must be able to set and manage your own schedule in order to keep up with program needs
- Highly committed and dedicated
- Highly organized, pays attention to detail
- Proactive and excellent communication skills
- Go-getter, great at brainstorming and problem solving
- Must be able to commit to at least 6 months
- Improved administrative, communication, and interpersonal skills
- The opportunity to make a difference in the community
- Gain experience being part of a team and working independently
- Become part of the Youth Empowering Youth team and Low Entropy community
Application and Screening Process:
- Application form
- Reference checks
- Criminal record check with vulnerable sector search (free, remote)
- Orientation and Training
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this volunteer position.
About Low Entropy Foundation
1511 Eagle Mountain Drive, Coquitlam, BC v3e2y6, CA
The Low Entropy Foundation is on a mission to elevate humanity through the power of compassionate, authentic communities.
Our programs foster transformational impact by empowering individuals through personal growth and meaningful interpersonal connections.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 22, 2021
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 19
- 6 months commitment, 5 hours per week