Communications Committee Manager
Organization Mission and Vision
The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Washington, DC (YNPNdc) activates young nonprofit professionals and champions their needs to strengthen the Greater Washington nonprofit community. We are a community of forward-thinking and inspired nonprofit professionals who are effecting change.
YNPNdc is an independent 501(c)(3) organization, affiliated with the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN), which serves more than 50,000 members and includes chapters in more than 40 cities.
The Communications Committee Manager works closely with the Director of Communications to oversee the Communications Committee, including planning and facilitating meetings, assigning tasks and ensuring deadlines are met across the team. The Communications Manager will also help lead communications strategy, collaborating across the organization to create new processes and workflows to ensure the team is supporting YNPNdc’s core work.
- Manages the processes of the Communications Committee, which entails supporting, training and orienting each volunteer to manage separate areas of responsibilities for creating and disseminating communications.
- Works with the Director of Communications to identify volunteer needs, and to interview, select and onboard volunteers for the Committee.
- Helps to proofread and edit external communications, including emails, website pages and blogs.
- Critically analyzes communications processes (including recruitment of committee members, decisions on which events/partners are promoted, etc.) with a social justice lens.
- Troubleshoots and proposes solutions to any challenges that may arise in communications processes.
- Assists with YNPNdc’s brand and content creation, and proposes strategies for enhancing YNPNdc’s communications overall.
- Serves as a backup to volunteer responsibilities, including but not limited to: social media management, website management and maintenance, and content creation for email communications.
- Passion for YNPNdc’s mission and vision .
- Experience leading and managing a team.
- Experience working collaboratively across multiple teams.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong ability to focus, listen deeply, and create space for open conversation and learning.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Ability to dedicate time to the position and organization (5-10 hours per month).
- Knowledge of CRM and software programs such as NationBuilder, WordPress, and AirTable
About YOUNG NONPROFIT PROFESSIONALS NETWORK OF WASHINGTON DC
1666 K ST NW STE 440, WASHINGTON, DC 20006, US
YNPNdc strengthens the greater Washington nonprofit sector by activating, engaging, and championing emerging nonprofit professionals and connecting them with resources, ideas, and each other.
YNPNdc is an independent, volunteer-led organization, affiliated with the National Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN), which includes chapters in more than 40 cities. We bring young professionals together through networking, professional development events, providing mentoring opportunities, and convene the sector. We envision a community of inspired professionals equipped to lead a diverse and evolving nonprofit sector in Greater Washington and beyond. YNPNdc members are inspired professionals who are interested in strengthening the greater Washington nonprofit sector through networking, professional development, and advocacy. Learn more about becoming a member!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 28, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- 5-10 hours per month