12 people are interested
External Relations Manager
ORGANIZATION: YOUNG NONPROFIT PROFESSIONALS NETWORK OF WASHINGTON DC
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
Organization Mission and Vision
The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Washington, DC (YNPNdc) activates young nonprofit professionals and champions their needs to strengthen the Greater Washington nonprofit community. We are a community of forward-thinking and inspired nonprofit professionals who are effecting change.
YNPNdc is an independent 501(c)(3) organization, affiliated with the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN), which serves more than 50,000 members and includes chapters in more than 40 cities.
The External Relations Manager is responsible for media relations of YNPNdc and for creating and maintaining marketing partnerships, including but not limited to universities, nonprofits, businesses and more. This position will also help grow our sponsorship programming as well as collaborating with the Fundraising Committee to create and execute benefits for sponsors.
- Create media strategy for YNPNdc events and initiatives
- Identify, prioritize, and pursue high potential and long-term partnership opportunities
- Support the Fundraising Committee with identifying and building relationships with sponsors
- Manage the execution of sponsor benefits
- Ensure the organization is represented at events and meetings organized by partners.
- Deep connections within the Greater Washington nonprofit sector
- Strong ability to focus, listen deeply, and create space for open conversation and learning.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Experience with partner relations, communications strategy, or community organizing strongly preferred
- Interested in the non-profit field and YNPNdc’s mission and vision
- Ability to dedicate time to the position and organization (5-10 hours per month)
About YOUNG NONPROFIT PROFESSIONALS NETWORK OF WASHINGTON DC
1666 K ST NW STE 440, WASHINGTON, DC 20006, US
YNPNdc strengthens the greater Washington nonprofit sector by activating, engaging, and championing emerging nonprofit professionals and connecting them with resources, ideas, and each other.
YNPNdc is an independent, volunteer-led organization, affiliated with the National Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN), which includes chapters in more than 40 cities. We bring young professionals together through networking, professional development events, providing mentoring opportunities, and convene the sector. We envision a community of inspired professionals equipped to lead a diverse and evolving nonprofit sector in Greater Washington and beyond. YNPNdc members are inspired professionals who are interested in strengthening the greater Washington nonprofit sector through networking, professional development, and advocacy. Learn more about becoming a member!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 5, 2022
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- 5-10 hours per month