Administrative Volunteers Needed
Come join our Altus Hospice Volunteer Team! Are you caring and compassionate? Do you have a passion for helping others? Then we would love to have you as a hospice volunteer!
Altus Hospice'svolunteers are provided the preparation and training they need to comfortably and successfully complete their chosen assignments. Some volunteers receive additional training based on their selected area of service. Altus Hospice has multiple office locations where we serve patients located across the Central and Southeast Texas areas, extending from the Louisiana state line to Mexico border and up through Central Texas north of Austin, as well as the surrounding towns. We currently have ten offices located in Alice, Austin, Beaumont, Corpus Christi, Houston, Kingwood, Laredo, Marble Falls, San Antonio, and South Austin serving more than 70 surrounding counties.
Become a hero on your own terms
On your own time. In your own way. With your personality. Your ability to relate. Your own skills. Your way of solving a problem, sharing a story, helping somebody remember important moments in their lives.
You can be one of our volunteers
When you give us the precious gift of your time and interest, we give you a chance to make a real difference in someone’s life. We train you, find you the right assignment and stand behind you as you grow.
Altus Hospice provides professional care with a personal touch. We accomplish this by focusing on both the patient and their family. We will treat the disease process with medical expertise while emphasizing quality living, not only physically, but also psychosocially, emotionally and spiritually. Comfort, compassion and calming presence are the gifts we bring to this service, and we are honored to walk with the patient and loved ones through this special time.
- Understanding and supportive of hospice philosophy.
- Compassionate person who is accepting and respectful of people's differences.
- Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order, if making patient visits.
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to pass background check requirements.
- Organizational Volunteers do not work directly with patients and families. Examples of organizational volunteer opportunities include work in our offices to support our care team or help patients and families through indirect support, such as assisting with our Transitions program, creating special memories for holidays, patient birthdays and anniversaries, planting flowers or mowing a yard for a patient that is unable to continue doing so, and helping with other needs of our patients and families.
*Volunteers are not employed and do not receive compensation for their time
About Altus Hospice
100 College Street, Round Rock, TX 78664, US
The Mission of Altus Hospice is to provide professional care with a personal touch. We accomplish this by focusing on both the patient and their family. We will treat the disease process with medical expertise while emphasizing quality living, not only physically, but also psychosocially, emotionally and spiritually. Comfort, compassion and calming presence are the gifts we bring to this service, and we are honored to walk with the patient and loved ones through this special time.
Our job providing end of life care is a sacred one, one which we view as a privilege. The Altus Hospice staff has a duty to treat each individual under our care, as well as our fellow team members, with the utmost respect, while honoring each individual’s choices and core values. To that end, we will listen intently, respond accordingly and serve humbly.
1002 Marble Heights Drive1002 Marble Heights Dr.Marble Falls, TX 78654
October 28, 2021
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training