Summa Akron Campus Gift Shop Volunteer
Summary of Position: The position supports the Gift & Plant Place through assisting customers with purchases, ringing sales on the cash register, and general retail duties.
Nature and Scope: The Gift & Plant Place helps raise funds for programs and other initiatives of Summa Health System.
- Must attend hospital Volunteer Service Orientation
- Position specific training is also provided
- Cash register training is required for operator of cash register
- Periodic competency assessments for cash register tasks will occur with feedback provided
- Days of Week Volunteer Serve:
- Volunteer Shift(s):
- Who schedules volunteer shifts:
- Greet all customers when they enter the Gift & Plant Place.
- Utilize cash register and credit card machine to complete sales.
- Wrap/bag purchased merchandise.
- Answer questions about merchandize on the sales floor.
- Assist customers in developing gift ideas for loved ones in the hospital.
- Restock shelves and assist with creating and moving displays.
- Display good teamwork and collaborate with other Gift & Plant Place volunteers and staff.
- Complete tasks to create a clean, organized, and welcoming atmosphere for customers.
- Assist with marking items with pricing and hanging sales signage.
- Provide personal shopping assistance to customers who request it.
- Assist the Gift & Plant Place Manager by sharing buying ideas.
- Assist designers with floral care such as watering plants, cleaning flowers, etc.
- Assist with delivery of flowers to patients and staff members.
- Assist with taking floral orders.
- Decorate the shop for the holidays.
- Organize and stock magazines for purchase.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in a criminal background check
- Complete health screening in accordance with hospital policies
- Protect the privacy and confidentiality of all patients
- Be dependable and organized
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times
- If operating a cash register, complete cash register training and periodic update
- Light: Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to ten pounds of force frequently and/or a negotiable amount of force continuously.
- Volunteers receive a discount on items purchased in the shop.
- Possible reference source for future endeavors.
- Opportunity to learn new skills.
- Creative and productive use of time.
- Social interaction with others.
About VANTAGE Aging RSVP
2279 Romig Rd, Akron, OH 44320, US
Promoting a positive perspective on aging.
VANTAGE Aging promotes positive aging through a variety of programs and services for older adults. Our nonprofit organization serves 38 counties and is headquartered in Akron, Ohio. In Summit and Medina Counties, we facilitate the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for those 55 and older who want to make a meaningful impact in the community. We also offer employment training, home care and home health aide assistance, nutrition and home-delivered meal services, alcohol and drug addiction counseling, and mental health and prevention services.
141 North Forge StreetAkron, OH 44304
December 1, 2021
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55