Summa Akron Campus Senior Services Hospital Guide
ORGANIZATION: VANTAGE Aging RSVP
Please visit the new page to apply.
Summary of Position: Provide Service Excellence by assisting and/or escorting patients and guests through the hospital to their destination. Identify proper patient information through necessary means to ensure patient/guests are being escorted to the correct location in the hospital. Help stock the information desk with supplies. Provide clerical assistance to senior services in the form of completing packets, creating mailing labels, creating lists, etc.
Nature and Scope:
All patients and guests must be greeted and offered assistance immediately upon entering the hospital and escorted to their specified location. Hospital guides serve as the first person the patient/guest encounters upon entering the hospital and must be friendly, courteous and helpful in any means necessary. Hospital guides also must be aware of the entire hospital layout. As a clerical guide you will help to support senior services in their effort to continue providing service excellence to all who utilize their services.
- Must attend Volunteer Service Orientation
- One week training in Admitting Department to learn the layout of the hospital
- Position-specific training provided by Senior Services staff members
- Cross-training at all Information Desk sites to serve as back-up coverage, when needed
- Days Available:
- Monday through Friday
- Two- 4-hour shifts available per day:
- 8:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.
- 12:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.
- Greet and offer assistance to ALL patient/guests of Summa Health System
- Support and implement the Service Excellence Standards of Summa Health System
- Escort or transport patients and guests via wheelchair, when necessary, to proper destination
- Stock desk with proper supplies
- Identify proper patient information through necessary means to ensure patient/guests are escorted to the correct location in the hospital
- Call in Summa Health System service response calls and alert security, as needed
- Assist visitors and patients requesting SCAT and cab services
- Gather wheelchairs for area
- Various clerical duties for Senior Services Department
- Other duties, as assigned
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must pass tuberculosis and immunization screening
- Ability to take instructions and communicate effectively with staff, patients and families
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms
- Ability to behave in a mature, positive manner and have a service-oriented attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly in English
- Ability to provide culturally competent and sensitive service for others
- Ability to show initiative, be flexible and volunteer independently
- Ability to have knowledge of the building in order to escort patients, families, visitors and patients to the appropriate area of the facility
- Ability to protect the privacy and confidentiality of all patients and guests
- Ability to be dependable and organized
- Ability to have a professional attitude and appearance at all times
- Light: Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to ten pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force continuously.
- Opportunity to observe a healthcare setting
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Reference source for future endeavors
About VANTAGE Aging RSVP
388 S Main St., Ste. 235, Akron, OH 44311, US
Promoting a positive perspective on aging.
VANTAGE Aging promotes positive aging through a variety of programs and services for older adults. Our nonprofit organization serves 38 counties and is headquartered in Akron, Ohio. In Summit and Medina Counties, we facilitate the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for those 55 and older who want to make a meaningful impact in the community. We also offer employment training, home care and home health aide assistance, nutrition and home-delivered meal services, alcohol and drug addiction counseling, and mental health and prevention services.
141 North Forge StreetAkron, OH 44304
November 28, 2022
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Days Available: o Monday through Friday Two- 4-hour shifts available per day: o 8:00a.m. – 12:00p.m. o 12:00a.m. – 4:00p.m.