DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Summa Wadsworth-Rittman Clerical Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: VANTAGE Aging RSVP
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Summary of Position: This volunteer will help with miscellaneous clerical duties, such as: pulling charts, data entry, stocking office and clinical areas with office supplies, putting informational packets together for patients, answering phones, general office duties, and running various departmental errands throughout the hospital.
Nature and Scope: As a clerical volunteer you will support the assigned department in their effort to continue providing service excellence to all who utilize their office by assisting with duties like (but not limited to) faxing, scanning and copying. All patients and guests must be greeted and offered assistance timely upon arrival to the office and escorted to their specific location. Volunteers serve as the first point of contact for the patient/guest encounters upon entering the office setting and must be friendly, courteous and helpful in any means necessary.
Clerical assignments may be available in a variety of departments on the Summa Health - Wadsworth Rittman Campus.
- Must attend Volunteer Services Orientation
- Position specific training provided by assigned department.
- Days: Monday thru Friday
- Time Slots: 4 hour shifts between 8am- 4pm; schedules will vary depending on department assignment
- Greet and offer assistance to all patient/guests of Summa Health System
- Support and implement the Service Excellence Standards of Summa Health System
- Stock front desk with proper office supplies and clinical area with needed office supplies /printer supplies
- Assist in creating patient packets
- Sort and deliver mail
- Transport specimen to Lab, utilizing the proper personal protective equipment (PPE), as needed
- Various clerical duties, such as scanning, copying and faxing
- Place reminder calls to patients for upcoming appointments
- Run departmental errands throughout Summa Health - Akron Campus
- Other duties, as assigned
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must pass tuberculosis and immunization screening
- Ability to take instructions and communicate effectively with staff, patients and families
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms
- Ability to behave in a mature, positive manner and have a service-oriented attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly in English
- Ability to provide culturally competent and sensitive service for others
- Ability to show initiative, be flexible and volunteer independently
- Ability to have knowledge of the building in order to escort patients, families, visitors and patients to the appropriate area of the facility
- Ability to protect the privacy and confidentiality of all patients and guests
- Ability to be dependable and organized
- Ability to have a professional attitude and appearance at all times
- Sedentary: Exerts up to ten pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently.
- Opportunity to observe a healthcare setting
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Reference source for future endeavors
About VANTAGE Aging RSVP
388 S Main St., Ste. 235, Akron, OH 44311, US
Promoting a positive perspective on aging.
VANTAGE Aging promotes positive aging through a variety of programs and services for older adults. Our nonprofit organization serves 38 counties and is headquartered in Akron, Ohio. In Summit and Medina Counties, we facilitate the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for those 55 and older who want to make a meaningful impact in the community. We also offer employment training, home care and home health aide assistance, nutrition and home-delivered meal services, alcohol and drug addiction counseling, and mental health and prevention services.
195 Wadsworth RdWadsworth, OH 44281
July 25, 2023
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Days: Monday thru Friday Time Slots: 4 hour shifts between 8am- 4pm; schedules will vary depending on department assignment