Literacy & Social Emotional Learning Intern
ORGANIZATION: Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
Seniors in Service partners with local organizations & agencies to improve literacy rates throughout Hillsborough County. We are seeking a College Intern to assist the Program Coordinator in overseeing weekly operations twice a week at two east Hillsborough County Centers.
- Current enrollment in an active degree or certification program
- Education, Social Work, Nonprofit Management, or Senior Services, or Psychology majors preferred
- Strong verbal, & written communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Detail oriented
- Problem Solving skills
- 18 years of age or older
- Available weekday afternoons on Tuesdays & Wednesdays
- Valid Drivers License/ Reliable personal transportation
- Supervising tutoring sessions
- Tracking volunteer, & student attendance & participation
- Data entry - excel, & database
- Coordinating information exchange between Parents, Staff & Volunteers.
- Possible lesson plan writing
Perks: Reading endorsement, or volunteer hours available
About Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc.
1306 West Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL 33604, US
Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay provides solutions to community challenges by engaging volunteers aged 55+
Programs Offered Through Seniors in Service:
Foster Grandparent Program (FGP)
- The Foster Grandparent Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into schools and after-school programs to mentor at-risk and special needs children and provide them with one-on-one, individualized attention
Senior Companion Program (SCP)
- The Senior Companion Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into the homes of homebound, elderly clients and provide them with companionship and assistance.
Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- The RSVP Program recruits senior volunteers(55+) to participate more fully in the life of the community through volunteer service. The program matches the considerable wealth of knowledge, skills, and experience of this vital and rapidly growing age group with the addressing of critical needs and unresolved issues in our community.
Operation Veteran Connect
- Provides companionship to veterans, enabling them to live independently. Supports the VA in supporting providing Whole Health support to veterans.
Seniors in Service values diversity. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, ages, gender and/or those with disabilities are encouraged to engage with our organization.
Multiple locations Brandon, FL 33510
November 3, 2022
- Literacy / Reading
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Between 4-6 hours a week.