Disaster Health Services Volunteer (Bath, NC)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross- North Carolina
Please visit the new page to apply.
Disaster Health Services Volunteer - URGENT NEED
Due to the current active hurricane and wildfire seasons, the American Red Cross continues to need volunteers to care for people in communities that have been struck by disaster. The Red Cross has an urgent need for Health Professional volunteers to support disaster relief efforts during the current hurricane and wildfire season as well as throughout the year.
Please consider joining us NOW - and get fully trained - before disasters strike.
Health Responder Volunteer duties/requirements include:
- Working in alignment with your licensure to assist clients before, during, and/or after a disaster.
- Providing excellent compassionate customer service while observing all safety protocols in a COVID environment including wearing a mask in a shelter environment (regardless of vaccination status).
- Providing hands-on healthcare including assistance with daily living and functional needs.
- Helping to replace medications, durable equipment, and consumable supplies.
- Health Care volunteers are needed both throughout the year to support Red Cross teams responding to local disasters such as home fires, floods, and tornados - as well as temporarily during busy hurricane and wildfire season to support Red Cross Shelter client needs.
Requirements: Active and unencumbered licensure as an RN/LPN/LVN/APN, NP, MD, DO, PA, EMT, or Paramedic, strong relationship building and communications skills along with availability to complete self-paced online training.
Register today! Visit www.redcross.org/volunteer
Find out more! To learn about this, and other ways to serve with the Red Cross, please contact the Volunteer Services team at ENCrecruit@redcross.org
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation and Training
- Time Commitment: Varies by time of year, size, and scope of the disaster operation. Year-Round Healthcare Volunteer Local: Minimum of 5 days working 4-, 6- or 12-hour shifts. Beyond Region: Minimum of 14 days working between 8 or 12 hours shifts.
- Requirements: Active and unencumbered licensure as a RN/LPN/LVN/APN, NP, MD, DO, PA, EMT, or Paramedic, strong relationship building and communications skills along with availability to complete self-paced online training.
One of our top priorities is the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, blood donors and recipients, and the people we serve. In addition to following CDC recommendations, the Red Cross continues to implement many safety precautions including vaccine requirements, masks, enhanced cleaning procedures and encouraging social distancing. *Note: this does not apply where contrary to current state or local regulations
About American Red Cross- North Carolina
100 North Peartree Lane, Raleigh, NC 27610, US
The Red Cross, born of a desire to bring assistance without discrimination to the wounded on the battlefield, endeavors--in its international and national capacity--to prevent and alleviate human suffering wherever it may be found. Its purpose is to protect life and health and to ensure respect for the human being.
The American Red Cross (ARC), also known as The American National Red Cross, is a humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance, disaster relief, and disaster preparedness education in the United States.
VariesVaries, NC 27808
November 15, 2023