First Aid Team
Have Fun & Volunteer at the Same Time!
The First Aid Services Team provides immediate first aid services for participants at events such as sporting events, concerts, festivals, local fairs, etc. Volunteer and help others when they are in need while you enjoy getting to be a part of many different community events. This position also offers volunteers a great opportunity to work in a fast paced environment while building confidence, leadership skills, team work skills and a chance to network with professionals in the medical community.
- Providing first aid at community events
- Provide emergency care only within the level of your American Red Cross training
- Respond quickly to emergencies
- Follow directions given by FAST Station Leader and paid staff
- Work in conjunction with Emergency Medical Services personnel
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Properly complete FAST records and reports
- Follow FAST guidelines as established by the American Red Cross-National Headquarters
- Hold a current certification in responding to emergencies (training provided)
- Complete Introduction to FAST Orientation
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and respond quickly
- Flexible and able to communicate clearly
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds (using proper lifting technique)
- Must have reliable transportation to events
Training is provided at no cost. This position requires that you volunteer at 12 events per year.
If interested you can apply by visiting, www.redcross.org/volunteer, scroll down the page, and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check. Be sure to have a photo ID handy (driver's license, passport, visa, state issued ID), you will be asked to upload a picture of it for identification purposes. After your application and background check process, a member of our volunteer screening team will reach out to you via phone/text/email - please be sure to respond!
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
About American Red Cross - Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
Multiple locations Lancaster, OH 43130
October 26, 2021
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 12 events per year - shifts length varies based on the type and length of the event - you register for the shifts that work in your schedule
- 14-15 yr old must have a parent/guardian volunteer with them - 16-17 yr old must have parent consent to volunteer - Reliable transportation to your shift - please note that most events take place in Franklin County