DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Rescue Director - Remote/Virtual - (preference to local DFW)
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Rescue Director, you'll lead DPA’s efforts to save animals who are at risk for euthanasia from area shelters. This is a very critical role to our organization’s mission - you’ll be helping to save many lives!
Reports to: the Vice President of Animal Operations, and the Executive Director
Works with: DPA Leadership Team, shelter partners, DPA fosters
- Being the main point of contact for all partner shelters and maintain positive, collaborative relationships
- Assisting with strategic direction of existing and future DPA shelter partners and rescue approach
- Managing team of rescue volunteers, ensuring proper training, and providing direction ahead of shelter visits and administrative tasks
- Managing admin volunteers to ensure networking albums of candidates to foster are up to date
- Overseeing RAD (Rent-A-Dog) program
- Evaluating pet shelter information to help determine suitability for DPA foster program
- Tagging pets at shelters and communicating results quickly to ensure efficient and often time-sensitive lifesaving
- Working closely with other teams in Animal Operations to ensure smooth operation within the organization
- Send regular updates to rescue team and DPA fosters about rescue topics such as shelter live release rates, DPA intake and other data to help drive more rescues
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- While position is primarily remote, local to DFW area is strongly preferred due to some in person activities such as shelter visits, team and leader meetings, etc
- HS diploma/equivalent or higher degree of education
- Strong organization skills, ability to think outside the box, and strive for growth
- Ability to be objective, strategic and calm, despite sometimes emotional and stressful circumstances
- Ability to successfully collaborate with other team members and shelter staff
- Excellent people-management abilities
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: 20+ hours per week
To be considered, please be sure to also complete our volunteer application athttps://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information and learn on how you can become a partner in rescuing animals.
Instagram & Twitter: @dallaspetsalive
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 1, 2021
- Program Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- 20+ hours per week