Are you a friendly enthusiastic person who can represent the Red Cross to our blood donors?
Volunteer blood donor ambassadors ensure that blood donors have a pleasant and fulfilling experience, from the moment they arrive to the moment they leave. During a blood drive, whether you’re greeting donors, answering questions or thanking them for their donation, your courtesy and professionalism will create a favorable impression that encourages ongoing donor support.
- You’ll need to meet these important qualifications:
- Communicate in a professional manner with diverse populations
- Read, write, hear and speak English in a legible and understandable manner
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and comfort working with people
- Follow COVID-19 protocols and mitigation measures
- Manage the reception process by ensuring each donor is warmly greeted and assisted with initial intake according to the appointment priority system
- Manage the hospitality experience by offering refreshments to donors, thanking them for their contribution, and alerting staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell
- Exhibit five key courtesies: respect, compassion, communication, collaboration, competence
- One 4-6-hour shift per month for six months
- Professional, clear and diplomatic communication skills
- Comfortable approaching people you do not know
- Ability to follow safety protocols and directions consistently and thoroughly
or contact me through VolunteerMatch
About AMERICAN RED CROSS
2825 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Midlothian, VA 23112
October 26, 2021
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training