Blood Transportation Office Assistant
Become an Important Part of the Blood Transportation Team
Help ensure that the transportation team has the office support needed to efficiently function so that hospitals and clinics receive blood and blood products needed to help patients in need!
- Answering/making phone calls
- Filing, copying, collating, and faxing
- Help scheduling drivers when needed
- Completing mailings
- Data Entry
- Sort mail
- Other clerical duties as assigned
- Willingness to support Red Cross mission
- Minimum age of 14 years
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented/attention to detail
- Great organizational skills
- Computer skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Willingness to learn Red Cross technology
- Ability to use basic office equipment
Training is provided to volunteers at no cost. All volunteers in this position are asked to volunteer to work one shift per week.
If interested you can apply by visiting, www.redcross.org/volunteer, scroll down the page, and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check. Be sure to have a photo ID handy (driver's license, passport, visa, state issued ID), you will be asked to upload a picture of it for identification purposes. After your application and background check process, a member of our volunteer screening team will reach out to you via phone/text/email - please be sure to respond!
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
About American Red Cross - Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
995 E Broad StColumbus, OH 43205
October 26, 2021
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 1 shift per week - which equals about 4-6 hours of service a week
- Reliable transportation to shift - Most shifts are on weekdays during normal working hours