Uhuru Pies are Back! Volunteer and Sell Pies With us!
Join Uhuru Foods & Pies on our mission to build an independent African economy and promote self-determination for African people
Summary of Qualifications: Under the supervision of the Uhuru Pies Coordinator, the Marketing and Promotions Coordinator is responsible for all means of marketing and promotion of Uhuru Pies. The Marketing and Promotions Coordinator promotes Uhuru Foods & Pies as part of Black Star Industries, winning support for building an independent African economy and self-determination for African people.
- Coordinate distribution of Uhuru Pies promotional posters, cards and other materials to local businesses and community service locations. Assist in developing and producing literature.
- Generate lists for marketing calls, including lists of former table and tasting sites, individual sellers, Uhuru Movement members, supporters, and new contacts and business cold calls.
- Carry out media campaign with press releases, calendar announcements, articles and information on Uhuru Pies to get information published in print and online media sources.
- Coordinate Uhuru Pies Facebook and social media promotional campaign to promote Uhuru Pies and Black Star Industries, generate pie sales, pie sellers and volunteers
- Work with Uhuru Pies Sales Coordinator to strategize marketing and promotions to acquire pie sales opportunities with businesses and individuals.
- Maintain a record of all marketing and promotions work and maintain a database of promotions, media, and marketing contacts.
- Coordinate the look of tasting and pop-up sales.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers to distribute literature and participate in all Marketing and Promotions activities.
- Make reports to Uhuru Pies Coordinator and attend Uhuru Pies time meetings to report on progress and resolve issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Characteristics:
- Ability to win the support of Black Star Industries, Uhuru Foods & Pies and promote the programs
- Goal- oriented and self-motivated
- Works collaboratively, a team player
- Able to lead and motivate others
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage time well under pressure
- Basic computer and internet proficiency or willingness to learn including MS Word, Excel, social media websites, and contact relationship management systems such as Hubspot
- Experience in promotions and marketing
Physical Requirements: Physical requirements include but are not limited to the lifting of up to 10 lbs.
Be a part of the food team that builds a future for African people worldwide!
For more information call Uhuru Foods & Pies at 727-914-3609 and ask for Janice Kant or email email@example.com. Please include a contact number and email address on all VolunteerMatch and email inquiries.
Learn more about Uhuru Food & Pies at https://uhurupies.org/
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Uhuru Foods and Pies
1245 18th Avenue South, St. Petersburg, FL 33712, US
To create, produce and sell the freshest foods to build self-sustaining economic development, designed for the prosperity and self-determination of present and future generations of African people worldwide
Uhuru Foods and Pies sells fresh, quality foods at Markets, Festivals and special events to fund programs of the Uhuru Movement for economic development and social justice for African people worldwide.
Uhuru Foods & Pies at Saturday Morning MarketRowdies Stadium parking lot, 230 1st St.SESt. Petersburg, FL 33701
October 26, 2021
- Sales Marketing
- Customer Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building