Give the Gift of TIME -Disaster Action Team - support your community
Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires,
ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and
clothing. DAT Members participate in all DAT program support and capacity building activities necessary
to ensure effective service delivery during a DAT response.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Disaster Action Team program including:
1. Supporting the annual goals, Regional Disaster Officer (RDO) objectives, and regional/chapter plan for
DAT services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities.
2. Completes all required training and maintains current training standard as DAT program requirements
3. Attends regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
4. Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the DAT program.
(Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the DAT program and other tasks
assigned by the DAT Leader.)
Participation in this role requires one (1) 12 hour shift, monthly
About AMERICAN RED CROSS
2825 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Blacksburg, VA 24060
November 30, 2021
- Crisis Intervention
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Disaster Response
- Time Requirement Participation in this role requires one (1) 12 hour shift, monthly. Once trained may remain active as long as required training is updated and minimum service requirements maintained.
- Qualifications Required: * Ability to follow and execute requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision. * Ability to Adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity. * Ability to build effective relationships with ot