3 people are interested
Head of Community Fundraising (Remote)
3 people are interested
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
ADC’s purpose is to enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation and improve lives in Africa.
At ADC we encourage a working culture of seeking and giving input, showing and taking initiative, and commitment to the organisation and its purpose.
Main purpose of job:
Lead the community fundraising team with responsibility for devising and leading the community fundraising strategy. The role will work closely with the Head of Fundraising to recruit the fundraising team and with the marketing and programs team to create new community fundraising products. This is a great opportunity to be part of our fundraising team with an aim to introduce new initiatives and strategies.
Department and/or Division: Fundraising
Position reports to: Head of Fundraising
Position is responsible for: N/AMain duties & Objectives
- Contribute to and participate in budgeting and financial management.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising on ensuring the growth of community fundraising income
- Have overall responsibility for team targets
- Hit operational objectives and targets whilst meeting organisational objectives and income targets.
- Recruit and Manage community fundraising team
- Build relationships with local companies and community groups that can support ADC’s cause
- Work with the Head of Fundraising to implement the operational plans Community fundraising and recruit community fundraising team
- Create a sponsorship package and work with marketing team to develop various community fundraising packs for different groups e.g. schools, religious groups, community stakeholders
- Develop, write and present fundraising proposals to community partners
- Research and Identity community events that ADC can be present at
Knowledge, skills, education, and experience
- Experience of undertaking or overseeing prospect research to establish and maintain a pipeline
- A committed team player with good communication skills
- Track record of Community fundraising - or understanding of a similar discipline
- Record of establishing new business streams
- Available to volunteer at least 7-10 hours a week
- Production of high quality and compelling cases for support
- Ability to actively seek and give input in a collaborative team environment
This is a volunteer, remote and unpaid position with the following benefits:
- Professional learning and career development opportunities
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within your profession
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse team representing different parts of the world that is changing lives in Africa
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise
- We provide work reference
This job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.
Here at African Development Choices, we celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our teams are made up of people from all over the world and we welcome all applications. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition, and you require any reasonable adjustments for your application with us, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
Our mission is to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty in Africa by empowering local communities and their leaders to make more informed choices in the management of public resources so that they can independently meet their own needs for essential services. Improving public resources management is key to establishing a sustainable society. And increasing access to essential services, such as clean water and sanitation, is key to fighting poverty because lack of access to essential services is a root cause of poverty.
We achieve this using our unique approach to reduce poverty as follows:
- Set better precedent
- Raise expectations
- Increase public participation
- Improve management of public resources
- Increase access to essential services
By delivering access to essential services through our donor-funded community projects, we set better precedents in the management of public resources and the delivery of essential services. Then we raise expectations through education and support and mobilise communities to play an active and informed role in the management of public resources so that they can enact change for themselves. We achieve this by sharing information from our projects that provides a new perspective. It’s not the information that empowers communities to participate; it’s raised expectations from a new perspective.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 26, 2021
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Capacity to volunteer 7-10 hours per week