ROCKBlue is a non-profit that aims to solve the growing gap between reliable water supply and accelerating urban demand by leveraging its large network of highly experienced specialists. We focus on strengthening the ability of water and sanitation utilities to provide these services to the poorest individuals in cities and towns across the developing world. ROCKBlue established its Women’s Urban Leadership in Utility W.A.S.H (WULUW) initiative as a means of empowering and promoting female leadership in the very male-dominated industry of W.A.S.H. One of the ways the initiative intends on doing this is by collecting and publicizing informative and motivational stories about female leaders within the urban W.A.S.H industry - to encourage and empower women and girls, particularly from disadvantaged communities, to take up leadership roles in urban W.A.S.H.
The ROCKBlue WULUW Initiative is seeking an empathic and passionate global citizen, experienced in writing articles related to International Development/ Public Health/ Humanitarian causes - with a particular interest in covering topics related to all things water, sanitation, and hygiene (W.A.S.H). This role is an exciting opportunity to develop your writing experience and to team up with global experts while working for an organization that is helping to make a difference in the lives of millions. We will also work collaboratively with you to identify projects that you can own and be passionate about.
- Research, write and edit articles and feature stories that reflect WULUW’s communication priorities and key messages.
- Strive for timely article submissions, that engage key audiences (females, aged 18 - 35 years), respects any protection concerns, and navigate cultural sensitivities.
- Collaborate with team members to 'package’ content effectively and compellingly.
- Provide ad-hoc support - you will have opportunities to work on additional communications and strategic materials that align with your areas of interest and desired growth within the organization and initiative.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Education: a university degree in Communications, Journalism, Creative Writing, English or similar.
- 1 - 3 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas.
- Strong editing and researching skills.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, organization, and collaboration skills.
- Compassionate with a high degree of integrity and a keen interest in gender empowerment.
- Software skills with a preference for Google Workspace, and the ability to learn Trello, Slack, and Clockify
- A stable Internet connection.
- A qualification in International Development, or a healthcare-related field
- Humanitarian Photography skills
Location : Remote, anywhere in the world
Start/end : Starting immediately, and end date/holiday schedule is flexible
Position Type : Volunteer
Approximate Hours Per Week : 4-6 and flexible
Send your CV, cover letter, and 3 related writing samples.
601 Foothill Road, Ojai, CA 93023, US
The core purpose of ROCKBlue is to improve the lives of the urban poor in the developing world by assisting water utilities tasked with supplying water and sanitation. ROCKBlue partners with the water and sanitation utilities that supply the basic amenities of water and sanitation to the urban poor. We empower our partner utilities by being a connector and service provider. The result of these partnerships are healthier cities that support the well-being of the local communities and economy thus improving lives.
ROCKBlue aims to solve the growing gap between reliable water supply and accelerating urban demand. We are a nonprofit that leverages a large network of highly experienced specialists. ROCKBlue focuses on strengthening the ability of water and sanitation utilities to provide these services to the poorest in cities and towns across the developing world.
ROCKBlue accomplishes this mission through respectful and mutually beneficial partnerships with both public utilities in the developing world and with the international donors and lenders supporting these utilities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 26, 2021