Director of Technology
Director of Technology: (Remote or Local to MN)
Monthly Hour Commitment: 12-15 hours
To Apply: Submit an application online on our Volunteer Opportunities page here: http://bttr.im/0dff3
Aeon for Ocean is seeking a Technology Leader who can manage and support the Technology Group to improve the look, usability, functionality and SEO ranking of our website, ecommerce, blog, mobile app development, STEM educational support, etc. Duties of this position require a varying degree of independent judgment and decision making to take projects from concept to launch.
- Create and manage a team of technology professionals and provide guidance to the team
- Developing and overseeing SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-based) metrics as per the organizational need
- Determine business requirements for IT systems
- Identify and eliminate security vulnerabilities with strategic solutions that increase data security
- Direct and support the implementation of new software and hardware
- Identify need and recommend new technology solutions
- Oversee departmental finances, including budgeting and forecasting
- Assist in implementing executive policies
- Professional experience in an IT or IS related field
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, as you’ll need to communicate with technically-minded employees and non-technical colleagues
- Leadership and management skills
- Analytical mindset to develop and utilize reliable metrics
- Experience in G-Suite administration, Google Analytics, Mobile development, Shared/Cloud/VPS web hosting, Ecommerce, Database design, developing responsive data-driven web site/application, etc.
- Understanding of other, non-technical parts of the organization
Aeon for Ocean is an Equal Opportunity Organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Aeon For Ocean
Mpls, Minneapolis, MN , US
To educate and increase awareness about ocean conservation and marine life among kids and their greater role in spreading the message to drive action.
Aeon for Ocean is a U.S.-based nonprofit founded by 7-year-old Aeon in Minnesota, to share knowledge about marine life, the oceans and our role in protecting this planet.
Our focus is on helping inland communities understand why the ocean matters and identify things they can do to protect the ocean. Through our Krill2Whale program and other initiatives, Aeon for Ocean is teaching kids they can save the World Ocean for eons!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 25, 2021
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Security / Network Administration
- Must be at least 18
- 12-15 hours per month