1 person is interested
Hero Care Family Contact Caseworker
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Be an Important Part of Assisting Military Members and Their Families
Ensure that military families know they are supported during the critical times of entering the military and preparing for deployment. Volunteers in this position ensure that important contact information is collected so it is available for caseworkers in times of family emergencies when a military member is deployed.
- Support the mission of the American Red Cross
- Ensure family information is in the case management system
- Email and phone military families to provide Red Cross preparedness information
- Provide additional support, as appropriate
- Protect clients’ confidentiality
- Enter contact and other relevant information into the database
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Enjoy working directly with others
- Able to work with diverse populations
- Knowledge/experience with the military (a plus)
- Ability and willingness to learn and use Red Cross technology platforms
- Attention to detail
- Interest in learning about resources available to military members and families
The American Red Cross will provide all training at no cost to the volunteer. Volunteers in this position are asking to provide 6-8 hours of service a week, though this can vary based on need. Volunteer supervisors will work with volunteers to set a mutually agreeable schedule.
If interested you can apply by visiting, www.redcross.org/volunteer, scroll down the page, and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check. Be sure to have a photo ID handy (driver's license, passport, visa, state issued ID), you will be asked to upload a picture of it for identification purposes. After your application and background check process, a member of our volunteer screening team will reach out to you via phone/text/email - please be sure to respond!
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
53 More opportunities with American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio1 Review
About American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
Multiple locations McArthur, OH 45651
August 31, 2022
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 hours a week - this can vary based on need - staff will work with volunteers to create mutually agreeable shifts
- Ability to work remotely - Willingness and ability to learn and use Red Cross technology and reporting platform - Reliable access to a computer, phone and internet access