1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: Volunteers of America-MN--RSVP
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Monday - Friday, two-hours shifts between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Volunteer Job Responsibilities:
- All participants, volunteers and visitors should be treated with respect, courtesy, and a friendly demeanor.
- Volunteers are expected to provide great customer service.
- Volunteers are to adopt the perspective that any error related to PRISM policy by a participant, volunteer, or visitor is likely due to a misunderstanding or lack of knowledge rather than on purpose. Whenever a conflict or misunderstanding with a participant policy or procedure situation arises, the volunteer is to consult with PRISM staff for advice and guidance.
- Volunteers are provided with and expected to wear a name tag while volunteering.
Volunteer Duties and Requirements:
The Front Desk Volunteer is the critical first point of contact with participants. PRISM takes great pride in treating every person with dignity and honoring the diverse strengths and abilities each person brings. Volunteers working at the Front Desk will perform a variety of duties including:
- Greet participants, volunteers, and visitors in a warm, friendly and welcoming manner
- Directly serve participants with check-in
- Provide information accurately and in a timely manner such as phone numbers of other social service agencies
- Answer phone inquiries and direct caller to appropriate staff
- Attempt to discern a participant’s or visitor’s native language whose first language is other than English and contact the appropriate PRISM staff member or case manager
- Maintain a clean, safe, welcoming, and orderly work and reception environment
- Notify staff or other volunteers of any issues
- Stay informed of changes to PRISM’s processes and services as well as that of other social service agencies
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience:
- Effective interpersonal skills under all types of conditions, exhibiting a supportive, direct, and positive approach with participants, staff and other volunteers
- Ability to work with diverse populations with the demonstrated ability to communicate and relate effectively to a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to learn and acquire overall knowledge of PRISM, its services and staff, and other social service agencies
- Volunteers with experience in retail and/or direct customer service do particularly well here
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Must not have a misdemeanor or felony record
About Volunteers of America-MN--RSVP
3333 N. 4th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55412, US
RSVP offers maximum flexibility for people 55 and over who want to find challenging, rewarding, and significant service opportunities in their communities. RSVP Volunteers work with local organizations to have impact on critical needs in several focus areas: literacy, housing, food security, independence and well-being for seniors and persons with disabilities, economic opportunity, and service to veterans and military personnel and their families. We give volunteers the flexibility to decide who and how frequently they serve and we support volunteers with placement assistance, free supplemental insurance, and other benefits.
RSVP partners with over 80 nonprofits in the six- county metro area, so we can find you an opportunity that matches your skills, interests, and geographic location. We have hundreds of opportunities in areas such as:
Citizenship--for new Americans
Companionship Education/Literacy--for children and adults
Independent Living for Seniors
1220 Zane Ave NGolden Valley, MN 55422
August 31, 2022
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Pick a two-hour shift Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.