WE NEED YOU - Help Support Veterans Around the Holidays
The Adopt-A-Family (AAF) Team Support Volunteer is an integral part of the Adopt-A-Family program ensuring all Post- 9/11 Wounded, Ill and Injured service members and veterans receive the holiday support their family needs. Without volunteers fulling these critical roles many less service members and veterans would be able to be served each year. This position requires a dynamic and passionate individual able to work in a fast paced and stressful holiday environment, working under a holiday deadline. It is our goal to service every eligible family who is need this holiday season. You can be a part of making that happen and changing lives of our service members and veterans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for screening Post 9-11 Wounded, Ill and Injured service member and veteran applicant paperwork
- Responsible for contacting applicants by phone and email to gather any missing documents and to inquire about any additional possible income and benefits the service member or veteran may be receiving.
- Responsible for ensuring all required documentation is uploaded into the database and approving applicants for adoption
- Responsible for following up with families ensuring contact has been made with adopting Team Angel or business
- Request tracking information for packages reported missing or late from Team Angels and or Business
- Communicates with the Adopt-A-Family Veteran Intern and Family Support Teams Program Manager on missing documentation, ineligible applications, unresponsive adopters and general issues with clients or adopters
- Highly organized
- Excellent Microsoft Office with proficient Excel and data input skills
- Able to work in a high stress and deadline oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a diverse variety of individuals
About Soldiers' Angels - Phoenix
650 E Indian School, Phoenix, AZ 85012, US
The mission of Soldiers’ Angels is to provide aid, comfort, and resources to the military, veterans, and their families.
This site provides support to the Phoenix area and the Phoenix VA.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 22, 2021
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People Skills
- 4-5 Hours a week