DONATE TO THIS
15 people are interested
Experienced Grant Writer Needed!!
ORGANIZATION: Animal House Project
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
15 people are interested
Animal House Project is looking for an experienced Grant Writer who has successfully submitted and won animal related grants for the organizations who they have worked for. Our 501 c3 was created in 2010 and operates several animal related programs under the umbrella to include a companion and rescue pet food pantry; spay/neuter services; a small, large breed rescue organization; low-cost veterinary grant program as well as providing emergency funding services for rescues. We are looking to grow from our current operations to offer more services. Between 2014 and 2016, we applied for and were awarded several grants but the volunteer who helped us moved on and we have not had anyone to help. We would love to explore corporate partnerships and/or foundation grants. Right now, we need all of the help we can get to continue doing great work in fulfilling our Mission Statement to help Animals.
Another major foot note to mention, between June 2013 and December 31st, 2021, Animal House Project donated 3.5 million lbs of pet food all with dedicated volunteers.
While we continue to research which grants are a good and realistic fit for us, we need someone more experienced in researching and writing grants having to do with Animal Shelters, Rescue, Spay/Neuter, Animal Food, Products, Purchase of Property to operate, etc... Needless to say, we are in dire need.
- To prepare grant proposals and think creatively around areas we are lacking
- For someone who has submitted grants but who is also been instrumental in winning grants!!
- Research which grants fit our needs
- Development of proposals, familiarize with our organization's programs, goals and financial needs.
- Compile all the information they need, grant writers compose and send their proposals.
- Keep careful records to track the proposals. If a grant-making organization requests additional information, nonprofit grant writers supply the missing items. There is follow-up involved to ensure that all of the information needed for decisions has been received.
- Work in close collaboration with Animal House Project's Executive Director to develop approve narrative content.
About Animal House Project
72 Robinson Street, Pottstown, PA 19464, US
Animal House Project is a 501 c3 "All Volunteer" charitable organization operating several programs under our Non-Profit arm to help both companion pets and rescue pets obtain much needed donated pet food. Our Companion Pet Food Pantry is current taking care of 2950 families' pets and our Rescue Pet Food Pantry is providing food to 220 grass root rescue organizations. In addition to the Pet Food Pantries, we operate a Spay/Neuter Clinic in partnership with The Spayed Club of Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania.
Did You Know?
Of the many millions of dogs and cats surrendered to shelters or abandoned each year in the United States, approximately one million surrenders/abandonments were due to the owners financial inability to provide for the basic needs of their pets; pet food and veterinary care.
Have you ever wondered what would happen if you had to surrender your family pet(s) to a shelter simply because you could not afford to feed or provide basic veterinary care for them?
*Approximately 50% of pets surrendered to shelters never find a new home, and sadly, are euthanized.*
Our demographics - Who do we help?
Returning military veterans and their families; retired military veterans and seniors who are living on a fixed income; domestic violence families; medically stressed families - Cancer; Parkinson; ALS; MS and families that are still struggling from the recent COVID-19 Pandemic. We cut across all sectors of the populations and the need seems to be increasing not decreasing in people needing our help.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 18, 2023
- Technical Writing
- Animal Care / Handling
- Grant Writing / Research
- Public Relations
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer Orientation Required via Zoom if not local. Time requirement is based on what Volunteer can give us.
- Attention to Detail a Must