Refugee Community Sponsorship
As part of a group, support refugees through choosing level 1, 2, or 3 sponsorship.
- Level 1 (Housing Helper) - Collect Donations for setting up a family’s home, participate in home set-up, and (optional) welcome refugees at the airport.
- Contribution: Move-In Supplies
- Time Commitment: 1-2 weeks
- Level 2 (Community Explorer) - Take the family grocery shopping and clothing shopping at TurnStyles Thrift Store, Complete a bus training and community navigation session.
- Contribution: Move-in Supplies and Family Bus Passes
- Time Commitment: 1-2 months
- Level 3 (Family Advocate/ Mentor) - Perform all the duties of a Level 2 sponsor as well as providing employment, transportation, and educational support through English classes and a cultural orientation.
- Contribution: Family Bus Passes and Rent & Utility assistance for up to 6 months.
- Time Commitment: 6 months
About Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas
9720 W. 87th Street, Overland Park, KS 66212, US
We serve our neighbors, of all faiths, through Help, Hope, and Hospitality.
Founded in 1956, Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas is a ministry of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas. Our purpose is to animate the Gospel of Jesus Christ by putting love into action through specialized programs and services for those in need. Staff and volunteers embrace the broadest definition of "who is our neighbor," serving not only the Catholic community but all faiths across 21 counties in Northeast Kansas.
600 Minnesota AvenueKansas City, KS 66101
October 22, 2021
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training