1 person is interested
Volunteer Component Lab Associate
1 person is interested
The position of Volunteer Component Lab Associate serves as an assistant for Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Headquarters, supporting the organization’s mission to partner with the community to help save and sustain lives by providing a safe supply of blood, blood components and related services. The Volunteer Component Lab Associate provides lab support as assigned by the Component Lab within The Blood Center- HQ.
The Volunteer Component Lab Associate works in the Component Lab department located at The Blood Center Headquarters at 1400 La Concha Lane, Houston, TX 77054.
- Prepares filters to be used in component production.
- Prepare frozen component boxes.
- Make packing boxes for shipping.
- Prepares tags to attached blood bags for labeling.
- "Wrapping"- Neatly folding the long segmented portions of the segments and neatly tucking them away on the side of the blood bag.
One to two days per week from 9 to 11 a.m. or 11 to 2. Preferable Tuesdays and Thursdays. Days and times could vary based on Component Lab needs.
- Must present a friendly manner.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Be courteous and personable when working with staff and other volunteers.
- Be detail-oriented.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of The Blood Center volunteers, and donors.
Training for this position will be provided. In addition, the manager will be available for questions and assistance.
Must wear pants to the ankles and wear closed-toed shoes.
About Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
1400 La Concha Lane, Houston, TX 77054, US
IT IS OUR MISSION to partner with the community to help save and sustain lives by providing a safe supply of blood, blood components, and related services.
Commit for Life is a partnership between you and Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center that is focused on saving lives today, and in the future.
Volunteers are an important part of helping save lives. The Blood Center depends on their support in many capacities and always is seeking more individuals to join our Volunteer Program. To Commit for Life as a volunteer, just follow these three easy steps:
You can ensure a steady blood supply is available for patients by committing to ongoing volunteer opportunities. Once you find the opportunity that best matches your type, commit to it.
Connect with us and your community.
Whether you prefer to hear from The Blood Center via email, phone, text or social media, we ask all of our Commit for Life volunteers to stay informed.
Spread the word.
Nothing is more powerful than hearing about the importance of blood donations from a Commit for Life volunteer.
Tell your friends and family how they can save lives.
1400 La Concha LnHoustonHouston, TX 77054
October 21, 2021
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One or two days a week from 9 to 11 a.m. or 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Preferably Tuesdays and Thursdays. Days and times could vary based on Component Lab needs.