3 people are interested
Social Media Manager
3 people are interested
We are going through a rebrand from Global Orphan Prevention to Compass Rose International; where a young woman's power comes from within. Your work will play an integral part in helping young woman calibrate their true direction in life through access and opportunity for In-powerment.
As a Social Media Manager, you will support both charities and oversee an organization's social media activities. You will be responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and monitoring our strategy.
Social media manager should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works
and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels. You are responsible for joining
relevant conversations on behalf of the brand and "soft selling" the product by providing support to
current and prospective customers.
* Oversee Social Media Marketing department
* Curate & design a minimum of 3 posts a week on social media platforms
* Help to grow FJWL's social media presence and engage with our current followers
* Collaborate with Executive Board to manage reputation, identify key players, and coordinate
* Evaluating and developing our marketing strategy and marketing plan
* Planning, directing, and coordinating marketing efforts.
* Develop communication across all organization platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook,
Instagram, and other potential marketing platforms that come up
* Understanding how the targeted audience work
* Proofread all the marketing materials before sending them out
* Support the communications team to make sure all processes and guidelines are being followed.
* Overseeing social media marketing strategy and content marketing.
* Send all marketing materials to the Executive director for approval.
* Delegate all social media aspects to the social media specialists and ensure all is done in a timely
* Ability to present concepts in new ways and from a new perspective
* Prove knowledge of new marketing language
* Previous social media managers are encouraged to apply
* Proven experience in social media
* Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation, and communication skills
* Demonstrable social networking experience
* Knowledge of online marketing and a good understanding of major marketing channels
* Positive attitude, detail, and customer-oriented with good organizational ability
* Fluency in English
* Coursework or interest in Communications, Marketing, or Business
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Highly creative and inspired
- Passion for serving children and youth, and making a difference
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Well-organized and reliable
- You resonate with our Core Values (see below)
Our Core Values
- Mind, Body, Spirit Connection: Mind-body-spirit means that our wellness comes not just from physical health, but from mind health and spiritual health as well.
- Growth: Knowing we are constantly evolving beings who are resilient to life's challenges, seeing them as opportunities for growth.
- Alignment/Integrity: We match our thoughts, words, feelings, and actions in perfect alignment. We create our lives by design, not by default.
- Imagination: Using our creative thinking to envision new possibilities for our life and the world.
- Compassion: Being warm and understanding toward ourselves and others during suffering and feelings of failure.
- Self-Sufﬁciency: Capability to provide for one’s own needs, through self-advocacy and sustainable foundations.
Learn More: https://www.globalorphanprevention.org/ and https://compassroseinternational.org/
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About GLOBAL ORPHAN PREVENTION
17th Street, Denver, CO 80204, US
We keep mothers and children together through economic opportunity and education. We work to stop the orphan trade and child sex trafficking.
Founded in 2011, we wanted to find a more permanent solution to dismantling for-profit orphan homes in Nepal. During that summer, the founder of Global Orphan Prevention discovered that 85% of children in orphan homes had living parents (UNICEF). Mothers that had been widowed or abandoned were often left with little opportunity for employment and often had to relinquish their children in hopes of providing them a better life in the orphan home. That first summer was spent buying cows and goats to stimulate income generation for such families.
Nowadays, the breath of the organization has extended to working with the Midwifery Society of Nepal providing clean birthing kits and programs in rural villages; thus saving the life of mother or child
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 21, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- 3-5 hours per week