VA Hospital Volunteer - Give Back to those who Sacrificed!
Purpose: Red Cross volunteers are committed to making the stay of sick and disabled men and women who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces more enjoyable.
Responsibilities: Willingness to support Red Cross Mission Volunteer and support specific services, in critical roles that match your talents such as: Clinical Administrative Volunteer, Information, Hospital Escort or Desk Worker.
- Adopt-a-Veteran Program Participants
- Personal Services Volunteer, Patient Visitor or Family Volunteer
- Time Commitment: Dependent upon specified volunteer role.
- Qualifications: Completed Red Cross volunteer application and interview
- Reliable transportation to VA Hospital
- Interview and application with the VA Hospital
- Development Opp: Can be trained in American Red Cross courses
- Opportunity to serve the community
- Affiliation with one of the most well-respected, internationally -known humanitarian organizations
- Enhance interpersonal and helping skills
Training: Orientation to American Red Cross Orientation to VA Hospital Program
About The American Red Cross Greater Pennsylvania
2201 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15222, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
4961 Pittsburgh AvenueErie, PA 16509
October 25, 2021
- Patient Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training