Volunteer Grant Writer
Welcome Home Outreach Ministries (W.H.O.M.) is looking to put together a team of volunteers for our Grant Writing committee. Volunteer Grant Writers will be responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to grant-making organizations and will persuasively communicate mission and programs to potential funders.
The Grant Writer for Welcome Home Outreach Ministries (W.H.O.M.) will assemble and submit grant requests, establish, and maintain personal contact and relationships with granter contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
- Assemble/submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Conduct prospect research, collecting data and writing for each grant.
- Report progress in grant research, grant submission and outcome to the Vice President
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
- Develops and maintains a proposal calendar.
- Coordinate and follow up on the progress of submitted proposals.
- Track and record hours on timesheet
Relevant Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- Previous Grant Writing experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented, organized and deadline-driven.
- Clear, precise, and compelling writing skills.
About WELCOME HOME OUTREACH MINISTRIES INC
3601 SAINT MARYS VIEW RD, ACCOKEEK, MD 20607, US
Welcome Home Outreach Ministries is a non-profit, faith-based organization whose mission is to assist returning citizens and recovering addicts re-integrating into the community as healthy, productive and contributing members to society
It is the Ministry's goal to provide comprehensive structure and programming that includes, but isn’t limited to, housing, education, basic life skills, employment, family reconciliation, counseling, mentorship, biblical and holistic health support. We want to position our clients to sustained success. Our ambition is to create a community that encourages people to see beyond their past mistakes and realize the greatness within. W.H.O.M. will aid each person in changing the narrative of their lives for the better.
Multiple locations Accokeek, MD 20607
October 20, 2021
- Customer Service
- Grant Writing / Research