2 people are interested
2 people are interested
Newsletter Editor- Monthly Online and Bi-Monthly Print Newsletter
Published both in print (mailed bi-monthly to 700 subscribers) and online (emailed monthly to 3,700+ subscribers), the NAMI Clackamas (NAMI-CC) newsletter is a vital source of communication between NAMI-CC and our community. The Newsletter Editor provides critical support while gaining layout and publishing experience. Average time commitment is approximately 3 - 5 hours per week depending on how close to publication dates it is. Primary responsibilities of the Newsletter Editor are to:
- Coordinate online or print publishing cycle and manage assigned content areas
- Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences and NAMI's mission
- Assist in layout (artwork, design, photography)
- Proofread, edit and improve stories or pieces
- Cooperate and liaise with NAMI CC staff designers, photographers, writers, etc.
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines
- Meet deadlines
- Experience as an editor/proof reader
- Reliable computer with high speed internet access (can work remotely most of the time)
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Very detail-oriented, strong writing/editing/proofreading skills
- Team player able to fill in when needed and available
- Experience with HTML and have on your computer, MS Publisher, MS Office, and Adobe
- Excellent written skills in English
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking
- Prioritizing and multitasking
About NAMI-CC (National Alliance on Mental Illness of Clackamas County)
10202 SE 32nd Ave., Ste 501, Milwaukie, OR 97222, US
NAMI Clackamas is a grassroots organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for everyone impacted by mental health issues through support, education, and advocacy. Our vision is hope, health, acceptance, and community for everyone impacted by mental illness.
A grassroots organization for and by people with mental illness, whether in themselves or a family member.
10202 SE 32nd Ave Ste. 501Milwaukie, OR 97222
October 20, 2021
- Graphic Design / Print
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Approximately 3-5 hours per week depending on how close to publication dates it is.
- Must have reliable computer with necessary software as noted in the position description