2 people are interested
(Duval County) Support Group Facilitator
2 people are interested
Support Group Facilitators create a safe, open environment where people share their feelings, thoughts and experiences in a combined effort to better cope with and manage the shared problems of dementia. Support Group Facilitators:
- Facilitate groups of caregivers or people living with dementia to provide social and educational support helping group members provide emotional support to one another.
- Present pertinent Association materials and information to group members and assure a positive experience for attendees.
- Connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
- Strong listening and effective communication skills with demonstrated ability to be empathic and separate personal needs from group needs.
- Ability to redirect and facilitate discussion as well as fulfill the Facilitator duties and responsibilities as described in onboarding.
- Ability to create and maintain a safe environment where participants’ thoughts and feelings are valued and group members are treated with fairness, equity and respect.
- Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred.
- Must be age 21 to apply. Background checks are required.
About Alzheimer's Association
2180 W. State Rd. 434 Ste 1100, Longwood, FL 32779, US
Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer’s.
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's largest non-profit organization in Alzheimer's care, support, and research. The Central and North Florida chapter of the Alzheimer's Association serves 43 counties in Florida.
Multiple locations Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
October 20, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- This is flexible - we will coordinate a location and time per month for recurring support group meetings.