DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Place high school exchange students in Sacramento, CA. Become an AYA Local Coordinator toda
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Are you looking to work from home and have a flexible schedule? Do you love working with teenagers? Are you self-driven? Do you love world culture? Are you looking for an "on-the-side" type of position?
Join Academic Year in America (AYA) as an International Education Coordinator today! In this independent contractor (1099) commission-based role, you will be the face of AYA in your very own community, networking to find suitable volunteer, unpaid host families to host high school exchange students from all over the world. In addition, you will be a guide and mentor to the students you place and their host families, supporting them throughout the year and ensuring they have a culturally rewarding experience. This position is not full or part-time, but a stipend-based, contractor position only.
Benefits for an International Education Coordinator/Local Coordinator
As an International Education Coordinator/Local Coordinator with AYA:
- You could receive up to a $1,200 stipend for every student you successfully place and supervise with a volunteer host family.
- You can earn the opportunity to travel internationally on our annual international incentive trip.
- You will have the freedom to work from home and in your own community, allowing you to create a schedule that fits your needs.
- You will receive extensive AYA training and professional development opportunities, marketing materials, and will collaborate with the National Office in Stamford, CT.
- Develop lifelong relationships within your own community and people all over the world.
Job Responsibilities for an International Education Coordinator/Local Coordinator
As an International Education Coordinator, under the guidelines of the U.S Department of State and program regulations, you will be required to:
- Network and promote the AYA program through community outreach efforts & build strong relationships with local high schools.
- Identify, select, and interview suitable volunteer host families; facilitate and oversee the placement process.
- Maintain monthly contact (including in-person visits) with both the student and host family to ensure student safety and complete on-line monthly student supervision reports.
- Re-place students with new host families as needed.
- Provide necessary support for all program participants throughout the student’s stay, including conflict resolution.
- Provide emergency housing for a student you are supervising if an emergency does occur.
- Complete additional home visits as requested
- Maintain annual training and paperwork.
Job Requirements for an International Education Coordinator/Local Coordinator
As an International Education Coordinator with Academic Year in America, you must be able to work independently. You must have exceptional networking, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills. This position requires approximately 10-15 hours per week.
- Hosting exchange students with AYA strongly preferred
- Outgoing, highly skilled with networking & making community connections.
- Experience with intercultural exchange preferred
- Minimum 25 years of age
- Pass a background check
- Complete initial training of approximately 7 hours, in addition to ongoing, periodic training and professional develop
About AIFS Foundation - Academic Year in America
1 HIGH RIDGE PARK, STAMFORD, CT 06905, US
Academic Year in America (AYA) is one of the most respected exchange programs in the United States. Our mission is to promote worldwide understanding through cultural exchange. Our vision is to encourage and inspire our young people, families and volunteers to become considerate and forward thinking citizens of the world, and create dynamic educational opportunities where they can share beliefs and values across cultures.
AYA is one of the most respected high school homestay programs in the U.S. AYA host families and exchange students share life-changing experiences, and we’re delighted to provide the opportunity. Since 1981, our professional network has been dedicated to helping students, families and communities as they build unforgettable memories, lasting friendship, and open lines of communication through cultural exchange. Academic Year in America believes strongly in the value and benefit of high school exchange for foreign students to learn about life in America and share their unique backgrounds and culture with folks in the U.S. Hosting a high school exchange student is an opportunity to build global skills and friendships for American families and their communities.
AYA is sponsored by the American Institute For Foreign Study (AIFS) Foundation, a not-for-profit organization founded in 1967 with the assistance of the late Senator Robert F. Kennedy. Its mission is to promote worldwide understanding through cultural exchange. The Foundation awards grants to high schools for projects that encourage intercultural awareness. It also provides scholarships that enable young Americans to study and travel abroad.
Multiple locations Sacramento, CA 94203
October 20, 2021
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training