2 people are interested
2 people are interested
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To provide direct Human Resources needs to a busy non-profit centered around eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, dignity and freedom for all.
Human Resources Volunteer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the HR Director in filtering through staff applications
- Ensure all required documentation for volunteers, interns and staff is complete prior to their anticipated start date.
- Complete data entry of HR needs.
- Attend staff meetings, volunteer in-service trainings and attend related professional activities as assigned.
- Answer calls related to inquiries regarding employment or HR needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of YWCA Onboarding (6 hours) and YWCA Advanced Training (21 hours) prior to start date.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal violence and a strong commitment to ending violence against women.
- Must be able to work various shifts during normal weekday business hours (9am - 5pm)
- Must be able to work independently, manage multiple priorities and respond to participants in a professional and reassuring manner.
- Demonstrate ability to work well with people of various ethnic, racial and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
About YWCA South Hampton Roads
500 E Plume St, Ste 700, Norfolk, VA 23510, US
MISSION: The YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. VISION: The YWCA South Hampton Roads is a source of strength, courage, and empowerment for women and families facing crisis. Our programs provide quality services responding to: the critical needs of survivors of sexual violence and domestic violence, the need for quality and affordable childcare, and opportunities to work collaboratively to eliminate racism in the community.
The YWCA of South Hampton Roads' crisis services works with survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and human trafficking. For more information on our programs, services, and annual events, please visit www.ywca-shr.org.
YWCA of South Hampton Roads500 E Plume StSte 700Norfolk, VA 23510
October 20, 2021
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Human Resources Assistance
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This volunteer will need to be available to work various shifts during normal business hours (9am - 5pm).