2 people are interested
Administrative Assistant ASAP
2 people are interested
Love My Neighbor Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established in December 2014. We serve the homeless community of Los Angeles every Thursday from 12-2 pm on Skidrow. Love My Neighbor Foundation plans to expand its outreach and is looking for more passionate individuals to join our team!
Love My Neighbor Foundation has a great opportunity for an administrative assistant to act as a liaison between the founder/CEO and everyone else. Additionally, this person will serve as the main contact for interested volunteers.
Must be available Thursdays from 12-2 pm to help Love My Neighbor Foundation feed the homeless community of Los Angeles. This is important for several reasons. We would like someone working with us on the ground to fully understand/experience the work we do. Additionally, we need someone on-site to collect information from new volunteers to later input into spreadsheets. We are looking for someone long term that wants to be apart of our team.
We are looking for someone who is...
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Long term commitment
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Primary job of answering/forwarding emails EVERY DAY
- We do not receive a lot of emails but if you are not available to handle emails every day, this is not the position for you.
- Collect volunteers' information
- Send emails to volunteers for events
- Send out donation receipts
- Keep track of all donations and expense receipts
- Make posts for social media
- Make basic flyers for events
- Create and send out quarterly/monthly newsletters
- Schedule meetings and/or meetings for appropriate members
- Help coordinate events
- Assisting CEO, Executive Assistant, and/or Operation Manager
- Must have experience in email, Excel, Word,
- Social media is a plus
- Must speak and write English very well
- Spanish is a plus
* Serious inquires only. Please only respond if you are considering long term with us, not just for school credit and/or just need some past time until you find a job.
In your response, please let us know if you are available on Thursdays from 12p-2p. Thank you for your consideration and thank you for your service to the community.
About LOVE MY NEIGHBOR FOUNDATION
6535 LANKERSHIM BLVD UNIT 9821, N HOLLYWOOD, CA 91609, US
Establishing a viable and respectable means for homeless individuals to receive the necessities of life as they regain their way back into society. Love My Neighbor, is not just another foundation giving away food, clothes etc. This foundation was established to allow homeless individuals to keep their pride and dignity as they receive food, clothing, shoes, toiletries and spiritual enlightenment. Our volunteers are individuals in the community that realize the plight of the homeless and display such by giving countless hours to ensure their comfort when distributing necessities.
Founder/President: Athena Hayley
Texas native Athena Hayley, commonly known as "Hayley", has garnered her roots in Los Angeles, CA. .
Initially wanting to share her talents in the Entertainment business as an Actress, Ms. Hayley began creating work for herself since she was not getting the type of work she wanted that truly displayed her craft.
Ms. Hayley, wrote, produced and starred in several Independent films, one in particular that addressed relevant topics such as "abusive parents, drugs, prostitution, homelessness and teenage runaways".
Realizing that these aspects of life existed beyond the silver screen, Ms. Hayley, turned to providing services for those individuals who currently on a large scale "live" the type of lives she wrote about, thus, Love My Neighbor Foundation was formed.
620 E 7th StreetLos Angeles, CA 90021
October 19, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18