4 people are interested
English Language Learners Tutor - Waukesha
4 people are interested
Support Adults Learning English in Waukesha!
Literacy Services is looking for community members that care about equitable access to education in Waukesha. We are seeking volunteers to work with adults to improve their basic reading, writing and communication skills. Come share an hour per week or more with a student and help empower our community through literacy.
Volunteer Position Summary:
Volunteer tutors will work in-person at our Waukesha location or virtually. Volunteers will provide support for students to improve their skills and reach their educational goals. Training is provided for all new volunteer tutors.
Literacy Services of Wisconsin serves a socially and culturally diverse community. We strive to build a team of volunteers which is similarly rich in diversity.
Estimated Time Commitment:
Minimum of 1 hour per week with 3 month commitment
- High school diploma and some college
- Must be patient, compassionate, supportive, and enthusiastic
- Should be independent, resourceful, and creative
- Should be willing to learn new things alongside their student
- Must have valid email address, regular email access, and be comfortable using technology
- Be reliable and inform Program Staff ahead of any absences
- Motivate students with positive reinforcement, patience, and enthusiasm
- Refer to training materials to hone skills and find information
- Ask questions whenever they arise; program staff are available to assist you
- Utilize resourcefulness and problem solving as needed
- Report specific concerns or issues to the program staff and assist in resolving any problems
Please email email@example.com.
About Literacy Services of Wisconsin
555 N. Plankinton Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53203, US
Literacy Services of Wisconsin partners with motivated adults to provide access to quality basic education and skills training so they can improve their lives, enrich their families, and strengthen our community.
Literacy Services of Wisconsin is the longest volunteer-driven provider of adult literacy and basic education in the Milwaukee area. We are driven by our core belief in the power of education at any age to positively change lives.
831 North Grand Avenuesecond floorWaukesha, WI 53186
October 19, 2021
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training