15 people are interested
Be an evening EL Teacher in NE Minneapolis!
ORGANIZATION: Literacy Minnesota
Please visit the new page to apply.
15 people are interested
- No experience or diploma needed - we’ll provide all necessary training.
- English speakers of all levels are welcome and encouraged to volunteer.
- Must be 18 years old to volunteer.
- Ability to commit to 2-3 hours per week for at least 3 months required.
- We strongly encourage volunteers who are people of color, indigenous, immigrants and refugees, LGBTQIA2S+ and people with disabilities.
Lead Volunteer EL Teacher
Are you interested in being a Lead Volunteer Teacher of an EL class? Do you want to support adult immigrants and refugees who are improving their ability to speak, listen, read, and write English? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you! Literacy Minnesota is looking for Lead Volunteers interested in partnering with our Open Door Learning Centers.
- Provide lead instruction for EL classes of 5-10 adult learners. User friendly, low-prep, and easy-to-follow curriculum is provided by Literacy MN.
- Work cooperatively with coordinators and other volunteers to meet the needs of the learners.
- Within 6 months of placement, volunteers must complete a 12-hour LitMN-sponsored, and State of MN compliant Foundations Training to be fully prepared to teach.
For more information or to get started , please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- evening / 06:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Literacy Minnesota
700 Raymond Ave, Suite 180, St. Paul, MN 55114, US
Literacy Minnesota is the only statewide, nonprofit, volunteer literacy organization in Minnesota. As a leader and advocate for literacy, Literacy Minnesota provides a variety of cost-effective literacy-based services designed to help achieve the personal, educational and economic goals of Minnesotans.
Founded in 1972, Literacy Minnesota is Minnesota's only non-profit, volunteer-based, education provider that operates statewide. Through a network of over 100 community and school-based programs, we provide free classes for individuals lacking the most basic reading, writing and English-speaking skills. We serve both native-born Americans and refugees and immigrants.
1509 27th Avenue NortheastGustavus Adolphus Luteran ChurchMinneapolis, MN 55418
November 30, 2022
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 hours per week
- A commitment of at least 3 months.