Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist the JAARS Advocacy Program Manager and Advocates by handling office tasks, tracking and reporting presentation opportunities, providing polite and professional communication via phone, mail, and email, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
- Assist the Advocacy Program Manager in various functions, including:
- Track various event calendars and requests, keep Advocates, Partnership Ministries and Church Representatives up to date on all opportunities
- Assist with Advocacy communications and documents, including roster, newsletters, emails, handbook, application, monthly reports and training materials
- Collect and help process Advocacy requests, including new Advocate leads and applications, Advocate material requests
- Collect and organize Advocacy resources, including stories, videos, activities, presentation modules, presentation resources; download materials and send to Advocates (thumb drive, etc.)
- Help coordinate, organize and execute annual Advocacy conference
- Help with collaboration between Advocacy and Partnership Ministries and other parts of JAARS Engagement
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Strong, positive work ethic and a desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
- Enthusiasm for supporting the Advocacy ministry of making JAARS known
- Willingness to take initiative and jump into a wide variety of tasks with attention to detail
- Comfortable and somewhat proficient with computer applications, including Google Docs / Sheets / Forms / Slides / Calendar, SalesForce, MailChimp, Zoom
- Ability to collaborate with leaders, teams and staff in Engagement and across JAARS to gather resources and outside assistance, and promote each event, as needed
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
October 19, 2021
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- People 55+
- Background Check